United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn’t seem to be much focus on Ten Hag by the media after yesterdays result. It’s either blame VAR or blame the Glazers, their away form is terrible and the way they are playing this could also creep into their home form which was good last season.

I don’t see any improvement from their last two managers, just another merry go round of signings and getting rid of players the new manager doesn’t want. Martial started yesterday which shows how bad they are, numerous managers have wanted rid but they can’t find anyone to take him off their hands.

The defending for the 2nd goal was horrific, Rice had time to trap it think and then get a shot away.

Ten Hag must have fires to put out in that squad with what’s gone with Sancho and how Maguire is kicking his heels on the bench. There must be other rumblings in there that we don’t know about yet which will come to light. This group of players downed tools to get Solksjaer and Mourinho sacked. They will do it again to this manager.

So were Liverpool. A decent manager and 3 good players and they won the league.
Assuming you mean Alisson, Van Dijk and Salah; they were all signed around 2017 and have one league title between them.

Those 3 have only finished in the top 2, 3 times out of the 6 seasons they've been at the club, so haven't really been a long-term threat.

A different team seems to have a go each season, but falls by the wayside, which is largely because we are the best run club in the world.

I don’t think that last point is right, save that the rot can ultimately be dated to the Rock of Gibraltar fiasco.

in his last season GPC won the title by a distance with more or less the same team that would struggle to make seventh a year later. That in itself is evidence that he was the glue that held everything together. I would argue that the rags post Ferguson haven’t under achieved, but they massively over achieved with GPC at the helm.

Since he has gone, that which he held together has started to unravel. We lose count of the number of good players who have gone there, turned to shit, left and then rediscovered their ability elsewhere. Sancho is probably just the latest in a long line. Even with VAR they do not get the protection from referees they once did.

The ultimate problem it seems to me is the extent to which the current board is in complete thrall to United’s reputation. They sneered at us for buying success, now they are buying failure. They sneered at Chelsea for the rate they went through managers but they are now on their fifth since the GPC (not including the times they gave it Giggsy till the end of the season) and many are calling for him to go. They sneered at Liverpool for clinging to their history, now it is all they have left.

United have pandered to what their fans have wanted. They wanted a new manager? They got one. They wanted a superstar striker? They got one. They wanted to get one over on City in the transfer market? They got one.

They have done none of the things that club needs. Have they invested in the ground or the training facilities? No. Have they invested in their youth section or their academy? No. Anything that requires major capital investment for long term reward they have steered away from in favour of short term revenue gains. The Glazers are complicit in appeasing their supporter base, because keeping their support sweet is what keeps them spending money, which leaves the Glazers able to keep milking the cash cow, rather than doing what the club needs, and that is what is ultimately responsible for their decline.

On that, the buck stops with them.
So… we agree, then?

There doesn’t seem to be much focus on Ten Hag by the media after yesterdays result. It’s either blame VAR or blame the Glazers, their away form is terrible and the way they are playing this could also creep into their home form which was good last season.

I don’t see any improvement from their last two managers, just another merry go round of signings and getting rid of players the new manager doesn’t want. Martial started yesterday which shows how bad they are, numerous managers have wanted rid but they can’t find anyone to take him off their hands.

The defending for the 2nd goal was horrific, Rice had time to trap it think and then get a shot away.

Ten Hag must have fires to put out in that squad with what’s gone with Sancho and how Maguire is kicking his heels on the bench. There must be other rumblings in there that we don’t know about yet which will come to light. This group of players downed tools to get Solksjaer and Mourinho sacked. They will do it again to this manager.
1 point out of 30 away from home against top 9 clubs.
The media would make sure that any other manager with this record would be receiving their P45s

I don't think so. He appears ok to me. He's basically called a player out in public, which is what Pep has done previously.
Totally different circumstances. Pep is a serial winner at City over 7 years. Absolutely nothing for him to gain personally by expressing his disappointment in an individual. Compared to Ten Hag he's earned the right. Ten Hag has done nothing in football in comparison to Pep. He's blamed everyone apart from himself. Outing Sancho is a classic Mourinho tactic

1 point out of 30 away from home against top 9 clubs.
The media would make sure that any other manager with this record would be receiving their P45s

It’s shocking the silence on how vulnerable they are away from the swamp. Their media lackeys will keep him safe for a while as they think he’s making progress with a league cup and finishing 3rd. They should be kicking on now and looking to be in the title race, Mancini did it within two years. Pellegrini landed one in his first season. I don’t see them coming anywhere near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.