United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it diminishes the issue by suggesting it's something to do with United (and I realise you're far from alone in doing it - just that I saw your post today). Adam Johnson, Ched Evans, Benjamin Mendy, Jerome Boateng, Chris Killen, Robinho, Joey Barton - all arrested on charges of sexual/domestic violence - all strong links to City.

It's a problem in society, and may be a bigger problem in football, due to the clear relationship imbalances that exist.

Trying to link it to a particular club, who happen to be one of our main rivals, makes it a tribal football issue, when it's much more important.

I almost would agree with you but there's a pretty big difference between some players coming and going at the same club and then 10 years later doing something (ie Adam Johnson, Boateng) and what's happening at United.

Ronaldo was accused of rape with public evidence before he joined.

Eric ten Hag defended Overmars' sexual harrassment and Quincy Promes attempted murder before he joined United.

Giggs was hosted in the director's box several times when he was awaiting trial for domestic abuse.

Greenwood did what he did and then was kept around (still is being kept on)

Antony was accsued of this in June and they've done nothing about it.

They just signed Jonny Evans who got arrested on suspicion raping someone at the United christmas party in 2007.

I think it's entirely fair to say both that there's a broader problem in football that needs to be addressed without tribalism and something is rotten at Old Trafford. At the very least their upper management is doing an awful job of managing these incidents.

They knew this Antony shitstorm was coming all summer while they tip-toed around the Greenwood return debacle.

Last edited:
said this yesterday, he needs reminding that sky isnt his personal platform to spread information with regards to his personal crusade
That was 17 minutes of pure bliss !! Well worth a watch fellow Blues and you will laugh, believe me.
Thought the Saeed tv was good when he start pulling down all his United shit off the walls. The flying pig is always good to laugh at. lol

Oh my life. I nearly cried at the end, my fucking sides are hurting. Highlights...

1. Can't remember his name but the white guy on his own is the funniest of the lot. Piss funny. Can't believe I can't remember what he's called.
2. 5 mins when that Arsenal fan runs in after the Rice goal and shouts loser 7 times, one to each of the presenters. Legend.
3. Saeed after the Jesus goal. Brilliant, takes all his United gear off the wall and says he's finished with football.
4. The white guy after the Jesus goal - absolute monumental meltdown. I watched it 5 times. No Goldbirdge type acting, proper fan reaction - bit like Saeed, a fan who is going through hell.

Seriously laughed at that, especially 3 and 4.

Is that illegal?
Market manipulation is illegal I believe, and the USA is pretty litigious.

But they'd have to prove it and that would probably be hard unless there was a 'smoking gun' email from one of the Glazers, saying "Hey guys. Let's initiate a sham sale process to drive the share price up, so we can refinance the property business".

Otherwise they'd claim it was a genuine sale process that just didn't achieve the value they were looking for.

Thought the Saeed tv was good when he start pulling down all his United shit off the walls. The flying pig is always good to laugh at. lol
it was just a little tainted by having to watch the arsenal fans celebrating as they are almost as detestable as the rag fans, when they thought garnacho had scored, the season was done, the title aspirations were on hold, when it was offside the title was back on, we are 4 count them 4 games in and this is what they are like

I think it diminishes the issue by suggesting it's something to do with United (and I realise you're far from alone in doing it - just that I saw your post today). Adam Johnson, Ched Evans, Benjamin Mendy, Jerome Boateng, Chris Killen, Robinho, Joey Barton - all arrested on charges of sexual/domestic violence - all strong links to City.

It's a problem in society, and may be a bigger problem in football, due to the clear relationship imbalances that exist.

Trying to link it to a particular club, who happen to be one of our main rivals, makes it a tribal football issue, when it's much more important.
I'd suspect that it's the case with anyone extremely driven - whether that's sports people, business people or artists. Perhaps many successful people have got there by pushing themselves further, by being self-obsessed and by putting less importance on the opinions of others. Perhaps since kids they have been excused of certain behaviours or not been supported in trying to tackle certain behaviours.

I think each "abuser" has gotten there somehow. There was going to be a first clear example of abuse but there was probably a thousand signs beforehand. They are not just born like that and they are not all in one sport, in one club or even of one sex. I'd like there to be as much effort as possible but into preventing people who may be more prone to becoming abusers from actually getting there.

When it comes to football, clubs should be helping address this challenge from the earliest opportunity. It should be part of their developement as kids and it should be part of the consideration when signing a player, e.g. is this player someone how is willing to listen to good advice and take it on?

I'd imagine it's very difficult to address "preemtively" though (like bullying is very difficult). It's easier to address it afterwards (which is awful for the victim obviously). Hopefully, to bring this back to City, there is some effort put into ensuring that our players understand how and why to behave with respect to everyone.

If you watch carefully, you can tell that Goldbridge is putting on an act by his reactions; they’re clearly put on.

I never react like he does, when City score, miss, or have a goal disallowed.
People react differently. I recognise some of his style in how I (used to) react. The sudden expletive, the ridiculous analogy to describe the uselessness of the player(s), the throwing his toys out of the pram.

He plays up to it of course but I don’t think he intended to be as successful as he is but fair do to him if he can make money out of doing shit. Some of his commentaries are extremely funny in my view, not that I’d pay to see him or anything. And I’ve met one or two people who support other teams alongside the rags. It’s weird but I reckon we’ll start getting those kind of people too, probably already have.

But it's the Glazers who have appointed these executives so ultimately the buck stops with them. You would have thought that any change in ownership would see these executives turfed out. We shall see.
the choices will all of got the bullies ok they wont do anything with his say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.