United Thread - 2023/24

well to be fair as bananas were used thriughout the 70s/80s to racially abuse black players only an daft sod or someone not about in that era would think shouting banana at him would be not seen in that context.

Even if that is no the intention it is so easily open to misunderstanding and a daft obviously contentious nickname I hope no fans adopt.
Yeah, just like Imre Banana, hey? No doubt, that was “different”, yeah?

It's food for thought........I send a gif to my Dad and Brother (both rags) after the first BM goal last night, which was a Minion (animated character for the FOCs) shouting "Banana", which was a simple pisstake of his name and the fact a Banana would have saved it.

There was no thought whatsoever of it being racist, just a play on words.

But, as you have rightly pointed out, send that to the wrong person and it could easily be taken a different way.
Which was my point. Thanks for explaining it better than I did.

It's food for thought........I send a gif to my Dad and Brother (both rags) after the first BM goal last night, which was a Minion (animated character for the FOCs) shouting "Banana", which was a simple pisstake of his name and the fact a Banana would have saved it.

There was no thought whatsoever of it being racist, just a play on words.

But, as you have rightly pointed out, send that to the wrong person and it could easily be taken a different way.
It doesn't help that they put a guy called Onana in a bright yellow kit, the jokes practically write themselves at that point.

Whenever I bump into a Rag I haven't seen for a few years who was an arrogant, gobby twat last time i've seen them it's amazing how many of them "don't bother anymore" or "aren't interested anymore".
Funny that isn't it.
I,ve found greeting them with a big smile and arms open offering a hug works brilliantly, they've no idea how to respond, I know it sounds and feels wrong to hug a rag but trust me they don't even try to offer a defence of how shite they are.

My lads under 13 team at least six of other parents are rags, on Sunday all huddled together, so I asked if it was a self help group and whether a group hug was in order, speechless the lot of them.

What a time to be a blue, glorious :-)

The rags i know are taking the result as a positive, the main reason being that they didnt get totally ass fucked.

The reality is this is a team that has conceded 14 goals in 6 games. And the first game of the season the opposition failed to score. so in effect the last 3 games they are pretty much conceding 3 goals a game. Tent Peg was only saying the other week how they had tightened up. Absolutely no evidence of this.

Did anyone hear Simon Jordan this morning.... yes Simon Jordan the most arrogant twat on the radio who's full of his own self importance? He ripped Ollies at the wheel a new one....

Apparently Ollie said he wanted back in his time to sign, because he recognised talent, but was denied by the club....

Haarland
Declan Rice
Caicedo

and a couple of others who I forget. Jordan said that he didn't believe him and I agree.

Had Ollie been right they would have probably cost less than £15m combined back then but the club wouldn't back him.

Jordan then went on to ask who signed Sancho? Not sure if its true but they agreed that it was Ollie.... £85m, says it all really doesn't it?

Apparently the Board were saying, according to Jordan, that they didn't trust him,,,, United are clearly no longer the massive love interest that they once were.

,,,, Lovin' it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.