United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought his saves were so standard but he made them difficult.
Yep. Very 'Hollywood' most of his saves. Fair play, he did well on a couple of stops, but I just thought he made some of the other routine saves look a bit too spectacular.

Overall I am just not impressed by him.

“Onana kept us from a mauling” so said my red mate who i met after the game.

Really? I thought his saves were so standard but he made them difficult.
The foden header was an easy save that he nearly palmed right into haalands feet and indeed the foden goal was again a pretty straight forward save from rodders that he palmed straight to erling to pass to phil.
Hes a terrible keeper isnt he

Yeah he made some saves look a bit more acrobatic than he needed to when they at a fairly comfortable height. I always think Fabianski does that too.

Last year a tech blogger called Cory Doctorow coined the phrase “enshittification” to describe online platforms like Amazon, Facebook, Twitter etc. I can’t do better than the original description so here it is…

Here is how platforms die: first, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die. I call this enshittification, and it is a seemingly inevitable consequence arising from the combination of the ease of changing how a platform allocates value, combined with the nature of a "two sided market," where a platform sits between buyers and sellers, hold each hostage to the other, raking off an ever-larger share of the value that passes between them.

Rags, you are the platform.

Last year a tech blogger called Cory Doctorow coined the phrase “enshittification” to describe online platforms like Amazon, Facebook, Twitter etc. I can’t do better than the original description so here it is…

Here is how platforms die: first, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die. I call this enshittification, and it is a seemingly inevitable consequence arising from the combination of the ease of changing how a platform allocates value, combined with the nature of a "two sided market," where a platform sits between buyers and sellers, hold each hostage to the other, raking off an ever-larger share of the value that passes between them.

Rags, you are the platform.

Cory’s work is fascinating, I’ve read quite a few articles by him and watched a number of his conference talks.

A name I never thought I’d see in the blue moon rag thread!

I know managing isn't easy, but if you're a manager coming up against united, all you basically need to tell your side is don't be too gung-ho and commit too many players forward when you don't need to. If united can't hit you on the break, they're pretty much fucked.

It's incredible how easy it is to bypass their midfield too if you're decent enough at knocking the ball about while taking 1 or 2 touches. It's no wonder the likes of Brighton smash them, never mind us.

They approach games like a league one side in an FA Cup side against a a Premier league team, just trying to nick a goal against the run of play. I kind of understand that tactic from united when playing us because we dominate possession anyway, but they approach almost all their games like that.
Exactly.

Teams just need to play them at their own game, park the bus and occasionally hoof the ball upfield rather than get suckered in to playing attractive attacking football against them. That only works if you've got the technical ability of the likes of City.

No rags at work so watching a few on YouTube lololol.

One point that keeps coming up for the penalty. Rags it's not a penalty because Rodri isnt getting to the ball. I didnt know the player had to be getting the ball for a penalty. I thought a foul regardless of were the ball is still a foul, hence off the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.