United Thread - 2023/24

Mainoo, plays for utd. So he deserves to play for England. Fuck Lewis, his experience and talent... you have to play for utd or lfc to get raved about.

God I hate the utd loving media in this country

Unless he gets injured in the next month, by the end of this April, Mainoo will have played more football in 23/24 than Rico has in his entire career. Experience?

In fact the incredible irony of your post is that to call Lewis up ahead of Mainoo would have been the exact behaviour you're pretending to hate - calling up a bit part player who isn't playing for a successful club over someone playing week in and week out.

So perhaps you should be getting in a hump with the only person responsible for Rico Lewis' game time.

Unless he gets injured in the next month, by the end of this April, Mainoo will have played more football in 23/24 than Rico has in his entire career. Experience?

In fact the incredible irony of your post is that to call Lewis up ahead of Mainoo would have been the exact behaviour you're pretending to hate - calling up a bit part player who isn't playing for a successful club over someone playing week in and week out.

So perhaps you should be getting in a hump with the only person responsible for Rico Lewis' game time.
Seriously? You think that Mainoo had more experience? Lewis has played more minutes, played at a higher level, is older, plays for a progressive club, has played more sessions at the top flight. You think Mainoo is better and deserves more limelight?

None of this "will have " bollocks.. I really don't think he deserves to just get thrown into the England squad.

And! If utd had lost against lfc he wouldn't be anywhere near the England call up.

Seriously? You think that Mainoo had more experience? Lewis has played more minutes, played at a higher level, is older, plays for a progressive club, has played more sessions at the top flight. You think Mainoo is better and deserves more limelight?

None of this "will have " bollocks.. I really don't think he deserves to just get thrown into the England squad.

And! If utd had lost against lfc he wouldn't be anywhere near the England call up.

Minutes in 2024.

Rico Lewis 283
Kobbie Mainoo 926.

Starts in 2024

Rico Lewis 3
Kobbie Mainoo 11

I wish Rico were playing. Southgate clearly loves him because he called him up even earlier than he called up Mainoo. But you don't get picked if you go weeks without getting on a football pitch and that's whre Rico is.

Last edited:
Mainoo looks a quality prospect but I’ll hang fire before declaring him good enough for England,
We often see young players who are an unknown quantity do really well when they burst on the scene but quickly find their level once the opposition teams catch up.
As it stands he’s looking good but he needs to continue in the same vein throughout next season before he’s lauded as the best thing since sliced bread in my eyes.

Rico got called up from the u21 to play and got man of the match, he played left back where he has hardly played too! Can see why he has not been called up because he really a fullback who play on midfield.

Mainoo been excellent for the rags he as the ball control and when to pass where to be on the pitch! Far better than Henderson! This lad and Rice be a very good midfield for England!

He so young though and new to first team pressure football there will be a drop off for playing to much football at such a young age..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.