United Thread | 2024/25

And the PR spin and hype continues via Sly Sports.(video)

Lord Sebastian Coe says Manchester United’s Old Trafford development "could easily be the largest regeneration project in Europe".

he's got to call it a regeneration project to get the taxpayers cash

And yet we were the better team yesterday~
Poor Derrick. Around the turn of the millenium, he was faced with a decision many young kids face; he had to choose a team to support. His local team weren't up to much, so naturally like any unpopular kid at school looking to be more popular he chose the ones who were winning all the trophies at the time, and that most of the other kids at school seemed to support. Got the kit and everything.
This carried on through his teenage years, when the annual Rags/Arse 2-team dog-and-pony show gave him bragging rights he could only have dreamt of. Derrick was really, really pleased he choose the team he did when he was a young lad.
Around 2010 as he was approaching adulthood, Derrick had the world of girls, cars and money to look forward to. Everything looked rosy. But there was a fly in the ointment, something that wasn't quite right, that wasn't how it was all supposed to be. Because suddenly, almost out of the blue, Derrick's rags turned to shit. Their Mgr left, and nothing was ever the same again. As the years passed, Derrick's passage into adulthood continued along its merry way, and everything was pretty good. Except the football. No matter what they tried, Derrick's childhood team remained shit. In fact, truth be told, they got shitter and shitter with every passing year. Whole seasons flew by, but nothing changed. They thought they'd turned a corner...and then just went back to shit again. And on and on it went. SHit game after shit game. Shit purchase after shit purchase.

So maybe we should all give Derrick some love rather than piling on; he's spent literally his whole adult life being short-changed by the club he picked as a nipper and who turned to absolute shite as soon as he entered adulthood. So I for one aren't going to begrudge him some joy at the fact that he thinks his team weren't quite as shit as he was expecting in yesterday's pre-season warm up game (that they lost). Good for you, Derrick mate.

he's got to call it a regeneration project to get the taxpayers cash
With no money in the exchequer, Reeves looking at every opportunity to claw back any kind of benefit, fiddling with tax thresholds, NI contributions and generally trying fill the coffers one way or another, there will be fuckin' uproar if the Rags have a penny of the taxpayers money! But I suppose yer don't get on the ST Rich list, live in Monaco and use yer own cash!

As for Coe, he will flit from one Olympic freebie to a PL freebie to, I suppose, any other fuckin' freebie. He'll be another who travels the world from one jolly to another with all expenses paid?

Bruno, Martínez, Garnacho, and Mainoo didn’t play a game in pre-season! Out of our back 4 yesterday, only Dalot and Martinez would be considered as starters. Furthermore, Martinez played out of position(played as an LB). Adding to that we played without a striker, hence the wastefulness in front of goal.

I’m not proclaiming “United are back,” but we have massively improved in the last 2 games against Citeh (this was arguably a better game than the FA final we won against you lot, with your team at full strength, btw), and there’s reason to believe we will continue doing so.

The patterns of play between the United players yesterday were impressive. Not long ago, City would walk through our side, and we, more often than not, knew we would be beaten when playing you guys. I don’t have that feeling anymore. That’s a massive improvement in my books.
Analysis the FAC final, long hoof ball worked well forced a mistake between defender and GK The second goal was reasonably good, beyond it should never have happened as City didn’t press where they had been all season. The second half was different, the rags hardly got a touch and proved no real threat, even with the hoof ball. Alvarez missed a glorious chance to score which if it had gone in then City would have won the match I that I have no doubt, we just scored too late. Yesterday the kids didn’t give you a kick for 25 mins and, it was only the roughing up tactics aided by Gilet that allowed you back in the game. The only thing I took from yesterday was that there has been no improvement at Trafford aside from, an expensively assembled executive, hanging on, team; two of whom looked pissed off to be there and another who was excited to greet City players

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.