United Thread | 2024/25

Good work.
I got up early today so that I could hate them for longer.
Fxxkin "top of the league" cunts!

What I take from ĺistening to their match last night is that it could have gone either way and it was a typical mansh untd goal (spawny) which won the match.
Therefore the rags are roughly on a par with Fulham and I expect their final league position to reflect that.
I am also, even at this early stage, repulsed to hear the commentators
arse licking the rags and talking them up, practically willing them to a win.

Now what was that Monty Python song?
Oh yes, I remember now.
"Scum, scum, scum, scum,
Scum scum, scum, scum
wonderful scuuum!"
(Feel free to add a few more scums tif I missed some.)
Thanks, yeah it is bizarre how their fans are claiming they definitely were the better team, and most of the media seems to be going along with it too. They're master gaslighters. We all watched the game and they turned the ball over a lot, Fulham beat the press, had dangerous situations they didn't make the most of. Even United's chances seemed to mostly come from Fulham errors or poor play (Leno bad pass out, Bassey fresh air clearance, blind luck with Rashford bad touch for Mount chance). Even the goal was very avoidable.

The only great piece of attacking play United had in my opinion was the other Fernandes chance in the first half, where that **** Casemiro played a through ball.

But overall, despite the scum having more chances, Fulham were often better in general play - the Cottagers just lacked cutting edge. That's why it is good, because a lot of teams in the PL have better attackers than Fulham, so if they can do the same sort of stuff in general play then United will be punished by better forwards.

Make no mistake mate - the warning signs are still there for United: sloppy play in midfield, giving the ball away, poor combinations, being countered on, teams winning 50/50s, teams beating their weak press. They'll be found out soon enough. Let their deluded majority kid themselves on. It will come crashing down soon enough.

The scumbags are in a river in Egypt.

Start of a new era according to TalkSport. Funny, I watched it and it looked very similar to the last few seasons - shite, no plan, being second best in stages, and getting a bit of luck to nick it. Unfortunately for them, you can’t get away with that every game you play. File under shite and of no real concern.
This is what I saw too. Very fortunate to win it after Fulham squandered two or three great counter attacking opportunities and their legs went.

United rely on the excellence of Bruno Fernandes to create something. Stop him and you stop the rags. I hate him but he's a top player.

Anyone else notice Garnacho diving twice in the 2nd half and not receiving a booking?

Hope so mate but not so sure. I'm curious as what form the helping hand will take this season to aid the red shite.
Well - I think that I have heard that on-field referees are to be backed more and have less corrections from VAR

Watched the full game last night and couldn't tell you what formation they lined up in. Total shitshow, they will rely massively on individual brilliance from Fernandes and Garnacho.

Post 2 (continued)

Mason Mount was going to be a pressing machine. The result? Injured most of the campaign, invisible when he did play, and the complete nothing player most sensible people know he is.

Also last season, Rashford is coming off his so-called ‘best ever campaign’. Their fans are crowing about a world-class, Player of the Season year coming up. We all know how that worked out.

Fast forward to the present. We are being treated to such pearls of wisdom as ‘de Ligt must be world class because Bayern fans wanted to keep him’ and endless clueless wannabe tacticians’ Youtube videos about the ‘number 9.5, not 9 or 10, get it right’ Joshua Zirkzee. Or how nothing player Burnley lad Sander Berge – a fella they wouldn’t have recognised in the street three weeks ago – is the answer to all of their problems as they’ve suddenly been linked to him.

Let’s not get too much into prior to 2021. 85m man Pogba and the guys who were gonna ‘unlock’ him, Donny Van de Beek the ‘80 million player they’re getting for 40 million’ or Harry ‘the potential best CB in the league’ Maguire for 80m. Or ‘we have sorted our right wing for the next decade’ (after one good game) Daniel James. Yes, I saw some of them say that.

Right now, they’re also clinging on to the FA Cup Final against City. A game they got lucky in with a mistake and then admittedly good second goal, and then defended their own box for an hour. This also proves they don’t understand that cup football is completely different to league football. That trophy has zero bearing on their projected league performance this season.

Fact is, their fans are generally delusional. We see it on their sites, where any dose of realism is derided as ‘negativity’ – when you have been as bad as they have for so long, it isn’t negative, it’s honest.

They’re so desperate to be back that they indulge in severe coping strategies and pop deludamol pills. And most of their fans are such thick lemmings that they believe the United propaganda in the sports media. As recently as the last few days with them drooling over an empty puff piece (not even written by him personally) from Omar Berrada (the same guy who slagged United when he was at Man City) about how they’re such a huge club, and how his father used to tell him stories of Munich and George Best (always an easy way to get United fans onside – mention Munich or Best or Charlton or Duncan Edwards). Like any of that has fucking anything do with his job, or how they will perform this season. Such an easily manipulated fanbase. Walk the walk, don’t talk the talk.

The thing with them is they need these players to be good, because their entire self-esteem is intertwined with United as a club. Most of them have no concrete achievements in their own life, and have latched onto United at some point in the last 60 years in an attempt to wallow in some reflected glory. They figured it was a safe bet. However, now that United have fallen apart over the last decade, they’re going insane as they can’t handle not having that safety net for their self-esteem. Many of their lives were mediocre and lacked fulfilment – but they could always rely on United winning the league. They don’t have that comfort blanket now, and that’s why they go so mad at defeats. It’s why they spin everything and everyone linked to them as the biggest and best ever – because of their extreme insecurity and need to win. The biggest glory-hunters on the planet.

They never learn, and it is doomed to failure yet again. Bearing in mind all of the above errors (and it’s far from exhaustive), why would you EVER listen to anything their fans or media cheerleaders say? They have been proved wrong REPEATEDLY. Their fans are clearly indoctrinated by the sycophancy in the press.

Don’t even get me started on Ferguson, their horrible ex-players (many of which talk tripe in a media space that enables them to do so), horrible tossers like Martin Edwards and Jim Ratcliffe.

The truth is they’re finished, and this ‘new era’ is all smoke and mirrors and will end in tears. Every season they talk about being ‘in transition’ and ‘making preparations to challenge in a few years’. But it never happens. While Pep is at City, they won’t challenge.

Also, something often overlooked, but one of their biggest problems is counter-attacking is built into the culture of their club. They can’t play controlling, dominant, possession football as the best teams do now. That’s not in their club’s ethos or capability. Even dating back to Ferguson’s time they played smack it long or up the wings, fire crosses in the box, 100mph chaos ball. They haven’t moved with the times on the pitch. Hence, they will naturally have a ceiling as to how many games they can win and how many points they can accrue, and consequently how many trophies they can muster.

End of story.
Yea but other than that,,,,,,

Post 2 (continued)

Mason Mount was going to be a pressing machine. The result? Injured most of the campaign, invisible when he did play, and the complete nothing player most sensible people know he is.

Also last season, Rashford is coming off his so-called ‘best ever campaign’. Their fans are crowing about a world-class, Player of the Season year coming up. We all know how that worked out.

Fast forward to the present. We are being treated to such pearls of wisdom as ‘de Ligt must be world class because Bayern fans wanted to keep him’ and endless clueless wannabe tacticians’ Youtube videos about the ‘number 9.5, not 9 or 10, get it right’ Joshua Zirkzee. Or how nothing player Burnley lad Sander Berge – a fella they wouldn’t have recognised in the street three weeks ago – is the answer to all of their problems as they’ve suddenly been linked to him.

Let’s not get too much into prior to 2021. 85m man Pogba and the guys who were gonna ‘unlock’ him, Donny Van de Beek the ‘80 million player they’re getting for 40 million’ or Harry ‘the potential best CB in the league’ Maguire for 80m. Or ‘we have sorted our right wing for the next decade’ (after one good game) Daniel James. Yes, I saw some of them say that.

Right now, they’re also clinging on to the FA Cup Final against City. A game they got lucky in with a mistake and then admittedly good second goal, and then defended their own box for an hour. This also proves they don’t understand that cup football is completely different to league football. That trophy has zero bearing on their projected league performance this season.

Fact is, their fans are generally delusional. We see it on their sites, where any dose of realism is derided as ‘negativity’ – when you have been as bad as they have for so long, it isn’t negative, it’s honest.

They’re so desperate to be back that they indulge in severe coping strategies and pop deludamol pills. And most of their fans are such thick lemmings that they believe the United propaganda in the sports media. As recently as the last few days with them drooling over an empty puff piece (not even written by him personally) from Omar Berrada (the same guy who slagged United when he was at Man City) about how they’re such a huge club, and how his father used to tell him stories of Munich and George Best (always an easy way to get United fans onside – mention Munich or Best or Charlton or Duncan Edwards). Like any of that has fucking anything do with his job, or how they will perform this season. Such an easily manipulated fanbase. Walk the walk, don’t talk the talk.

The thing with them is they need these players to be good, because their entire self-esteem is intertwined with United as a club. Most of them have no concrete achievements in their own life, and have latched onto United at some point in the last 60 years in an attempt to wallow in some reflected glory. They figured it was a safe bet. However, now that United have fallen apart over the last decade, they’re going insane as they can’t handle not having that safety net for their self-esteem. Many of their lives were mediocre and lacked fulfilment – but they could always rely on United winning the league. They don’t have that comfort blanket now, and that’s why they go so mad at defeats. It’s why they spin everything and everyone linked to them as the biggest and best ever – because of their extreme insecurity and need to win. The biggest glory-hunters on the planet.

They never learn, and it is doomed to failure yet again. Bearing in mind all of the above errors (and it’s far from exhaustive), why would you EVER listen to anything their fans or media cheerleaders say? They have been proved wrong REPEATEDLY. Their fans are clearly indoctrinated by the sycophancy in the press.

Don’t even get me started on Ferguson, their horrible ex-players (many of which talk tripe in a media space that enables them to do so), horrible tossers like Martin Edwards and Jim Ratcliffe.

The truth is they’re finished, and this ‘new era’ is all smoke and mirrors and will end in tears. Every season they talk about being ‘in transition’ and ‘making preparations to challenge in a few years’. But it never happens. While Pep is at City, they won’t challenge.

Also, something often overlooked, but one of their biggest problems is counter-attacking is built into the culture of their club. They can’t play controlling, dominant, possession football as the best teams do now. That’s not in their club’s ethos or capability. Even dating back to Ferguson’s time they played smack it long or up the wings, fire crosses in the box, 100mph chaos ball. They haven’t moved with the times on the pitch. Hence, they will naturally have a ceiling as to how many games they can win and how many points they can accrue, and consequently how many trophies they can muster.

End of story.

This post should be wallpapered to the side of the swamp. Torpedoes of truth eloquently put.

Call it a stuffy win all you like but they're top of the league so something is going right.

Think on before having a pop next time or you'll look a right ole silly sausage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.