United Thread | 2024/25

They're spending hundreds of millions to recreate the Ajax team that got beat by Spurs 5 years ago

And binning off hundreds of their staff to fund it, what effect will have on different departments within the club having to do the same job but with less people? I imagine the morale is on the floor specially when they are seeing all these new players their colleagues got binned off to fund getting schooled by Brighton.

And binning off hundreds of their staff to fund it, what effect will have on different departments within the club having to do the same job but with less people? I imagine the morale is on the floor specially when they are seeing all these new players their colleagues got binned off to fund getting schooled by Brighton.
Total fuck up, top to bottom, fukin loving it……

Haha, like fucking clockwork. Every signing they make was a 'childhood United fan' despite it never being mentioned at any point before they signed, even when he signed for their two biggest rivals. You'd think that something like this might have been going round, yet mysteriously there never is:

0_Steven-Gerrard-as-a-young-boy-wearing-an-Everton-kit.jpg
I've got a mate (from University in the 90s) whose dad used to be heavily into the England schoolboy international stuff (scouting and selecting and all that sort of stuff at schoolboy level). Regularly used to get me VIP tickets to Wembley (when I lived down there) for schoolboy internationals and full friendly internationals where I'd get access to the players' lounge after the match.

I'm almost certain that I remember meeting Sterling at one of those things and reasonably certain that he told me that he was a Liverpool fan and that it was his dream to play for them.

I've got a mate (from University in the 90s) whose dad used to be heavily into the England schoolboy international stuff (scouting and selecting and all that sort of stuff at schoolboy level). Regularly used to get me VIP tickets to Wembley (when I lived down there) for schoolboy internationals and full friendly internationals where I'd get access to the players' lounge after the match.

I'm almost certain that I remember meeting Sterling at one of those things and reasonably certain that he told me that he was a Liverpool fan and that it was his dream to play for them.
To be fair, this article came out in 2019, so it's not just a sudden realisation when he was linked to them.

Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling has admitted he was a "massive" Manchester United fan when he was growing up.

Massive.

I wonder what he'll be saying when he signs for Forest Green Rovers in a couple of years?

Last edited:
Haha, like fucking clockwork. Every signing they make was a 'childhood United fan' despite it never being mentioned at any point before they signed, even when he signed for their two biggest rivals. You'd think that something like this might have been going round, yet mysteriously there never is:

0_Steven-Gerrard-as-a-young-boy-wearing-an-Everton-kit.jpg

Bloody hell, is that a young Raheem Sterling, he's changed a bit.

Old news but as you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.