United Thread | 2024/25

They’re still touting for this new 2billion stadium build but no mention who will be paying for it.

Ha, I keep seeing these updates 'Man uniteds vision', 'stadium development moves a step closer' but like you say, there still seems to be the very minor issue to overcome of who will actually stump up 2 billion quid for it, and the only thing I seem to be learning from these updates is that it sure as shit won't be brexit jimmy boy

They're gonna try to frame it as a national stadium? Wembley was built 20 years ago? Getting any decent funding for this would seem a long shot in a normal situation nevermind with a new government who are telling us we are in for more pain and austerity for the foreseeable?

"Sorry people we have to take the winter fuel allowance off your nan and you can expect more hurt in the budget but we're going to give 1-2 billion quid to tax dodging Jim"

Or am I missing something!?

Manchester United, Trafford Council, and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority have inked a strategic partnership aimed at ensuring the redevelopment of the stadium maximises the regeneration opportunities in the area.

The partnership plans to appoint a three-party advisory team to support the redevelopment of Old Trafford into a 90,000-capacity nationally significant venue. The stadium project is the fulcrum of a wider plan aimed at regenerating more than 200 acres of surrounding land.

Ha, I keep seeing these updates 'Man uniteds vision', 'stadium development moves a step closer' but like you say, there still seems to be the very minor issue to overcome of who will actually stump up 2 billion quid for it, and the only thing I seem to be learning from these updates is that it sure as shit won't be brexit jimmy boy

They're gonna try to frame it as a national stadium? Wembley was built 20 years ago? Getting any decent funding for this would seem a long shot in a normal situation nevermind with a new government who are telling us we are in for more pain and austerity for the foreseeable?

"Sorry people we have to take the winter fuel allowance off your nan and you can expect more hurt in the budget but we're going to give 1-2 billion quid to tax dodging Jim"

Or am I missing something!?
thinking on, you know what?
it doesn't even matter if they do get a new stadium.
the team will still continue to get shitter and shitter and shitter.
they're stocked up with shite players.
the management team are shite.
everyone involved with them is in it pure and simply for dosh.
they'll never attract genuinely good players or management.
the glory-hunting fans will sulk off one by one.
no young kids will get into supporting them.
they are sinking in front of our eyes.
even if they get a spanking stadium it won't make any difference on the pitch.
we are witnesses to their splendid decline.
happy days.

As you and others elsewhere in this thread have pointed out, I'm looking forward to a whole host of 'Wembleys Of..' being built in order to kick-start our ailing UK economy.

As I've been saying since last year when the development of The Swamp was first mooted, I for one would gladly hand over my hard-earned moolah (not!) to fund a trip around the country to marvel at 'The Wembley of Stretford', 'The Wembley of Cleethorpes', 'The Wembley of Carlisle', 'The Wembley of Stirling', 'The Wembley of Plymouth', 'The Wembley of Derry' and so on and so on.. let alone the contribution I'd gladly make (not, again!) via my taxes for the initial building costs of this worthy project to 'level up' our regions!

But seriously.. if Starmer et al go any-fucking-where near this absolute waste of public funds, I'll be writing to him personally to explain why, after more than 50 years as a member of the Labour Party, I'll be handing in my resignation.

For it even to be discussed thus far is an absolute disgrace. At the moment of raising this, Ratcliffe should've been told to fuck off back to Manchester and get the Glazers to stump up the cash for the repair of The Swamp from the £2bn+ they've trousered from the club over the past two decades.

Those involved in this travesty ought to be ashamed of themselves..
Exactly how can it be right that the Glazers abd Scruffy Jim have an asset worth a few billion more to sell that someone else (us) has paid for.

Quote taken from The Mill, which is a local news source:

So who’s paying for it? Finding private funding is one of the main jobs of the task force, but Andy Burnham confirmed in March that the project will require public funding too. This is mostly due to the railway station at Old Trafford, which hasn’t been open since 2018. “If you were to refurbish the stand, you would have to do something to move that station and that would require public money,” he said.

Borrowings (Debt), Government, local, regional authoritiy grants, the lottery fund, English Heritage, Red Cross, RAF Benevolent Fund, loose change from doon the sofa, Raffles, Bingo Cards, Pass the hat,anyones money but their own.

Spread the word.

Ratcliffe is cheeky bleeder his wealth is 8b lest than our owner and he never asks go hand outs! Ratcliffe wants a new stadium use your money and the Glazers! Fucking scum go on and on about how massive they are the biggest club in the world and they go cap in hand for Money to benefit one thing that scummy club! Makes me sick!

Quote taken from The Mill, which is a local news source:

So who’s paying for it? Finding private funding is one of the main jobs of the task force, but Andy Burnham confirmed in March that the project will require public funding too. This is mostly due to the railway station at Old Trafford, which hasn’t been open since 2018. “If you were to refurbish the stand, you would have to do something to move that station and that would require public money,” he said.
Private developers usually have to to pay for transport changes in roads via Section 278 agreements. I don't see why utd should be any differnet and have financial advantages at taxpayers expense?

I suspect this is just another case of Andy Burnham not wanting to miss any limelight as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.