United Thread | 2024/25

They are saying the public funding isn’t for the new stadium, it’s for the infrastructure around the new stadium. They don’t want to pay for that as well as paying for the new stadium. If they can get the tax payer to pay for the infrastructure around the new stadium, they’ll be happy with that.

But seriously.. if Starmer et al go any-fucking-where near this absolute waste of public funds, I'll be writing to him personally to explain why, after more than 50 years as a member of the Labour Party, I'll be handing in my resignation.
I’d suggest NOW is the time to write to him personally, especially if you can pin down, that no, he personally guarantees that no central govt money, or soft loan, or any other financing nodded through by govt or civil servants, will give a single penny to the building of another ‘Wembley of the north’ stadium near Manchester.
There’s already one in actual Manchester, the need for a 2nd one is a white elephant, unless it’s self financed by the actual beneficiaries, United, rather than another drain on the already tightened and overstretched public purse

They are saying the public funding isn’t for the new stadium, it’s for the infrastructure around the new stadium. They don’t want to pay for that as well as paying for the new stadium. If they can get the tax payer to pay for the infrastructure around the new stadium, they’ll be happy with that.

If they get that Ratcliffe will find it easier to get loans and sponsors to build the stadium

Trafford Council should concentrate on regenerating the roads around Altrincham, Dunham, Bowdon and the rest of the borough. They have wrecked my alloys.
I thought Bowdon was supposed to be a minted area? His and hers Mercs parked up on the sweeping in and out driveway. Get some more tax out of them!

Our owners could buy the etihad 10 times over , the deal is favourable for the council
Yeah but my point is, it got built with council money for the commonwealth games, and it got converted to a football stadium using council money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.