United To Struggle For Top 4?

Much as it pains me to say it. they will be up there come the end of May.

They may have the worst shirts in the histoty of football, ever, but they are still a strong team. I know they lost tonight, but Burnley rode their luck.

Don't write Yoo nigh tid off just yet.

BoundedCascade said:
Oh I know that this was a fluke but it just seems that with the way they played against Brum and then against Burnley I just have a feeling these results will happen more and more often... the scrapings by and losses to teams that are considered to be of "significantly" lesser quality

Burnley got out of jail a bit tonite apparently , and just managed to hang onto their early lead ..... the rags were the dominant force ...... on Sunday against Birmingham they were again the dominant force despite getting a fortunate goal ..... they'll win more games than they'll lose, especially at home ...... so expect them to be there , or thereabouts , yet again come next May.

citizens_1976 said:
Ronaldo and Tevez departures have obviously weakened them but they still have the winning mentality and always seem to start the season slow anyway. They will be in the top 2 without a doubt.

They might make third. After Arse's comprehensive demolition of Everton, I can see that Arseshavin helping them to runners up to Chelsea.

I watch the Birmingham game on Sunday and they were shit, quite lucky in the end as they made few decent chances and the brummies had a good chance near the end.

They were rubbish tonight, they have lost 45 goals a season and 2 match winners, players that would have got them at least a point tonight. Berbaflop is shit, he got less goals than Tevez last season and Tevez spent most of the season on the bench !

If they go with the squad they have they have no chance of retaining the title or making progress in the champions league, they look to be the weakest side int he top 4 based on the firsst 2 games at least.

United have got as much chance of struggling to get in the top four than we have of winning the Champions League THIS season.

Two years ago, they had 2 points from the first 9. Went onto win league and champs league. But I do suspect it will be different this time. They are missing Ronaldo and Carlos big style and Rooney can't carry that team on his own. I think they could be in for a hard time at long last ;) alas I don't see them missing the top four, not this season at least

Foolish (and tempting fate) to write them off IMO.

their experience will see them compete for the title - though I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win it. I think it will be Chelsea this year with Liverpool second and the rags third.

Biggest difference between the teams last year and this year is that they don't have anyone that goes directly to goal and beats 2 or 3 players with ease. Ronaldo created most of their chances by going direct so they will be struggling for goals imo. However saying that I think that they will be top 4 easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.