United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember beating these fuckers with a last minute winner.

We owe them one.

God do I hate these Rag cunts.

I think it's highly unlikely Kompany will play, but that's not quite the catastrophe it would've been 12 months ago. I know he's had the measure of Rooney in recent derbies, but Demichelis and Mangala have done well when paired together.

My bigger fear is that Pellegrini knows he's a gonner in summer, so will stick to his preferred 442. He has nothing to lose now, so I suspect he'll stick rigidly to his principles. With Bony out that means Dzeko starting, and I can't see us winning if that's the case.

We have to play a midfield five of Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Navas/Nasri and Silva (I'd even consider playing Fernando and pushing Yaya further forward) but I doubt this will happen.

I'm hoping the injuries to Bony and Jovetic might force his hand. Granted he didn't do it against Palace, but it's tough chasing a game when you don't have a striker on the bench. You have very limited options to change the game.

I hope he shows some flexibility, and adapts according to the opposition but am not confident he will.

fuck the manager and the board and the politics

lets just beat the scum

oh wait we all need to be on the same page..........

I doubt we are right now sadly

but COME ON CITY they are shit and we are CITY

There is a lot of negativity going into this game (admittedly I'm as guilty as most), but here are some reasons to be cheerful:

- we've won on our last three visits to Old Trafford
- we've won five of our last six league games against United
- despite their recent form, United still aren't a great side. Admittedly, we're not at present but hey ho
- Aguero against Jones

It's not beyond us to win this. Far from it.

Ric said:
I think it's highly unlikely Kompany will play, but that's not quite the catastrophe it would've been 12 months ago. I know he's had the measure of Rooney in recent derbies, but Demichelis and Mangala have done well when paired together.

My bigger fear is that Pellegrini knows he's a gonner in summer, so will stick to his preferred 442. He has nothing to lose now, so I suspect he'll stick rigidly to his principles. With Bony out that means Dzeko starting, and I can't see us winning if that's the case.

We have to play a midfield five of Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Navas/Nasri and Silva (I'd even consider playing Fernando and pushing Yaya further forward) but I doubt this will happen.

I'm hoping the injuries to Bony and Jovetic might force his hand. Granted he didn't do it against Palace, but it's tough chasing a game when you don't have a striker on the bench. You have very limited options to change the game.

I hope he shows some flexibility, and adapts according to the opposition but am not confident he will.

The way Dzeko is at the moment, he's a pretty poor option even off the bench.

Ric said:
There is a lot of negativity going into this game (admittedly I'm as guilty as most), but here are some reasons to be cheerful:

- we've won on our last three visits to Old Trafford
- we've won five of our last six league games against United
- despite their recent form, United still aren't a great side. Admittedly, we're not at present but hey ho
- Aguero against Jones

It's not beyond us to win this. Far from it.

It isn't beyond us you are right but to do so our big players have to start firing again like they can and if they do we should win it.

I hate to say it but the rags are starting to click again and gave a great showing against the dippers. Rooney is in top form, bog brush head is playing like he did for Everton, Mata looks dangerous and Carrick is playing well. IF we play to our potential i think we will win but looking at our form of late it is a big if.Anything less it is a loss for me.

Injuries are never a good thing but we have 3 (Kompany, Bony, Jovetic) that could do us a massive favor.

- Kompany: Next season I am confident Vinny will get back to his world class best but this season our best CB partnership has been Mangala & Micho.

- Bony, Jovetic: Leaves us with 2 available strikers (Aguero, Dzeko) Pellegrini played both in a 4-4-2 vs Crystal Palace and when we were 2-0 down he had no strikers to bring on. Hopefully he will learn from that and play a lone striker in a 4-5-1 system which we have been crying out for and also leaves us with a striking option on the bench.

These 3 being missing could bring harmony to the defence and solidity to the midfield.

This is the team I would play and the one I hope Pellegrini plays.

Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Touré - Silva

Aguero

Anyone else agree with this?

Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Injuries are never a good thing but we have 3 (Kompany, Bony, Jovetic) that could do us a massive favor.

- Kompany: Next season I am confident Vinny will get back to his world class best but this season our best CB partnership has been Mangala & Micho.

- Bony, Jovetic: Leaves us with 2 available strikers (Aguero, Dzeko) Pellegrini played both in a 4-4-2 vs Crystal Palace and when we were 2-0 down he had no strikers to bring on. Hopefully he will learn from that and play a lone striker in a 4-5-1 system which we have been crying out for and also leaves us with a striking option on the bench.

These 3 being missing could bring harmony to the defence and solidity to the midfield.

This is the team I would play and the one I hope Pellegrini plays.

Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Touré - Silva

Aguero

Anyone else agree with this?

Sorry to say, but no I don't agree with that team. I think Milner has to play, either at the expense of Fernando or Nasri. Other than that, I'm with you.

The loss to Stoke at home should have been a wake up call to the management trio. Why continue to play dumb football? Hit the oppo on the brake. This team we have now are soft as shite. Time we started playing the game serious like, too much Billy Smart going on for 5/6 months. The first 15 mins will be crucial. Let's keep 11 men on the field please.

It's 6 out of the last 7 in the league we've won ! And if the players turn up as they have done for the past 4years against that sh*# then it Will be Another City win at the swamp! 1-2 City for me . So I don't give a flying f*#k how there playing , if our lads turn up with there (A)game we play them off the park . But as in life with form in football , no fan on here has a clue how City will take the field on Sunday!? So balls out time........it's a win for the boys in blue AGAIN for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.