United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will win, but if he sticks to his stubborn 4-4-2 formation I fear the worst especially as he will partner Kun with dzeko and it has never worked. You can guarantee that united will be flooding the midfield with Shrek up top.

I m just hoping that he sees sense for this one and picks the correct 4-5-1 formation that will allow us to not over run their midfield but just out play them because they are not near the quality of ours.

The build up to the game will say it all as soon as the team sheets and formation is read out. I reckon with all that has gone on our players will be switched on for this one.

Zaba and Clichy to start so we can pin back their wingbacks, fernandinho and Fernando to anchor the midfield with Yaya, Silva and Milner/Nasri to control the attack to Kun.

That said we have to be aware of how they will play, it will probably be the usual have a go at us for the first 20mins but that is only if we let them, we need to control the game from the off and without the ball we need everyone to be aware of how they will try and attack, either from a quick counter or a long punt and knock down to bog brush.

citymad said:
Not confident at all if I compare coaches at the moment. Van gaal will no doubt have a plan to deal with our threats. This rag side seems to be clicking and discovered a system that is working for them. Totally opposite to us at the moment. I'd take a draw although that may not be enough especially if Liverpool win.

I'm not having it. Turtles trying to come across as a master tactician and the press muppets are lapping it up, whereas we all know he's a total fuckwit and his team is still shit. Honestly, how many of their 1st team would you want in our 1st team? The keeper and rughead possibly?

We turn up and we win.

big phil said:
citymad said:
Not confident at all if I compare coaches at the moment. Van gaal will no doubt have a plan to deal with our threats. This rag side seems to be clicking and discovered a system that is working for them. Totally opposite to us at the moment. I'd take a draw although that may not be enough especially if Liverpool win.

I'm not having it. Turtles trying to come across as a master tactician and the press muppets are lapping it up, whereas we all know he's a total fuckwit and his team is still shit. Honestly, how many of their 1st team would you want in our 1st team? The keeper and rughead possibly?

We turn up and we win.

Its a good job you didn't ask Stuart Pearce that question lol

big phil said:
citymad said:

We turn up and we win.

Spot on. We are in danger of believing the propaganda about the red shite. They’ve had one good result against Liverpool (beating Spurs who didn’t turn up and Villa at home isn’t really earth shattering news). Our performances haven’t been as bad as has been made out. Our problem is that we haven’t put the ball in the net. We’ve dominated pretty much everybody but unlike last year, we’re not scoring. The exception was Liverpool where we seem to have a mental block. Yes, Yaya isn’t anywhere near the level of last season, Serio isn’t as deadly as earlier in the season and Vinny is less than sensational, however, generally, we are deserving to win games that we are losing, but we are not converting our dominance into goals - Palace and Burnley are prime examples.

As you say, we turn up, we win.

Young will rarely stay on his, Rooney will try to ref the game and Fellaini will be elbowing fuck out of everyone near and won't get booked. All that and our lack of goal scoring and 442 is what's bothering me.

Am I the only one who would like to see Lampard start? I think he'd be perfect for a game like this.

No doubt I'll get called a rag and WUM, but I can't see us performing yet again. We couldn't do it against Palace and previous games even though the players were bigging themselves up.
No doubt we will be passing for the sake of passing, making chances and not scoring.
I really hope I'm proved wrong by a 2-0 win for us.

Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Injuries are never a good thing but we have 3 (Kompany, Bony, Jovetic) that could do us a massive favor.

- Kompany: Next season I am confident Vinny will get back to his world class best but this season our best CB partnership has been Mangala & Micho.

- Bony, Jovetic: Leaves us with 2 available strikers (Aguero, Dzeko) Pellegrini played both in a 4-4-2 vs Crystal Palace and when we were 2-0 down he had no strikers to bring on. Hopefully he will learn from that and play a lone striker in a 4-5-1 system which we have been crying out for and also leaves us with a striking option on the bench.

These 3 being missing could bring harmony to the defence and solidity to the midfield.

This is the team I would play and the one I hope Pellegrini plays.

Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Touré - Silva

Aguero

Anyone else agree with this?

Same formation but with slightly different personnel (assuming Kompany isn't fit).

...............................Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

...........Fernandinho ..... Toure

.........Navas ..........Silva............Milner

............................Aguero

rnblade said:
No doubt I'll get called a rag and WUM, but I can't see us performing yet again. We couldn't do it against Palace and previous games even though the players were bigging themselves up.
No doubt we will be passing for the sake of passing, making chances and not scoring.
I really hope I'm proved wrong by a 2-0 win for us.

I hope Pellegrini proves a lot of people wrong including me. We won't get beat because United are simply better than us, we will get beat because we always leak needless goals and can't create any our selves. This is crunch game and hopefully we can perform with our backs against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.