United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heslops barnet said:
Charlie, Phil, Mersin et al are all experts who love having a go at us....fuck em come on lads let's give the scum a Fukien hammering, shut em up for a while, twats!!
In fairness there's little I can disagree with what they've been saying, if i'm honest.

Mëtal Bikër said:
heslops barnet said:
Charlie, Phil, Mersin et al are all experts who love having a go at us....fuck em come on lads let's give the scum a Fukien hammering, shut em up for a while, twats!!
In fairness there's little I can disagree with what they've been saying, if i'm honest.

Maybe but things aren't that bad for us, are they?
Hopefully our lads will turn up tomorrow and give a good account of themselves......1-2 for me

waspish said:
defending set pieces will be key because you know the scum will be diving in every opportunity, especially Young

And dont we like to give rubbish free kicks away in great areas to cross from?

The key tomorrow for us us defending .
I can see Bog brush winning a lot of balls in the air .
Something we don't seem to do anymore challenge for 2nd balls in the area .
Fuck me I'm really embarrassed how we have fallen a part in 2015 .

They have their tails up BUT they remain shit scared of Silver, Yaya and Sergio.

baildon blue said:

It is only City's defence that has fallen apart. City are joint top scorers with Chelsea.

Too much shambolic defending has cost us the title.

If we defend properly tomorrow we should win as scoring goals has not been a problem.

Derbies make me feel sick at the best of times even when we are on form
If we line up with ed and sergio and no vinny i might not be able to watch at all

baildon blue said:

The key for me is team selection. before we even start thinking about the match proper.
If we start with two up top we've probably lost. If that's the case then at 3:30pm then I'm off to a darkened room where i can listen to very loud heavy rock music for 2 and a half hours.

Watch out for long balls behind the defence. Stats show they play a lot of accurate long balls this season.

LVG might just try to adapt to our weaknesses and use long balls even more. Our lack of pressing makes it easy for opponent defenders/midfielders to have bit of time before making passes/long balls...

Btw my feeling is a draw. Which is not really great but good given our fixtures after this. But if we lose that just would push our morale down even further.

Rammy Blue said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Injuries are never a good thing but we have 3 (Kompany, Bony, Jovetic) that could do us a massive favor.

- Kompany: Next season I am confident Vinny will get back to his world class best but this season our best CB partnership has been Mangala & Micho.

- Bony, Jovetic: Leaves us with 2 available strikers (Aguero, Dzeko) Pellegrini played both in a 4-4-2 vs Crystal Palace and when we were 2-0 down he had no strikers to bring on. Hopefully he will learn from that and play a lone striker in a 4-5-1 system which we have been crying out for and also leaves us with a striking option on the bench.

These 3 being missing could bring harmony to the defence and solidity to the midfield.

This is the team I would play and the one I hope Pellegrini plays.

Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Nasri - Touré - Silva

Aguero

Anyone else agree with this?

Same formation but with slightly different personnel (assuming Kompany isn't fit).

...............................Hart

Zabaleta - Demichelis - Mangala - Clichy

...........Fernandinho ..... Toure

.........Navas ..........Silva............Milner

............................Aguero

Making same assumptions as you have, that's my team too.
Please no Navas. He is a waste of space. Play Nasri instead and allow Zabba to overlap for width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.