United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippaxking79 said:
Still think we're in for a miserable afternoon unfortunately.

Team for me

Hart

Zabba, Komps (if fit), Mangala, Clichy.

Fernandinho, Lamps.

Milner, Toure, Silva.

Aguero.

Just hoping whichever team he puts out they play like we fans DREAM!!!
I actually like the idea of Lamps filling in for where toure usually plays and gives toure a chance behind Aguero too see what he can do, gives us more of chance imho. I'd say on its day, that team can beat anyone...but this a derby and we are somewhow in pretty realistic danger of falling 4 points behind these red cunts and 5 behind the arse! going through the season, how the fuck that has happened considering that them teams hardly started great.. I don't know, so we need too keep our nerves and just play like we know we can!

Can't see anything but a City win myself, i think the Rags feel they are playing us at the right time and can attack us at will and we will cave, I don't think we have gone completely though and will have enough to win as I think man for man we are pretty equal apart from one man!! And that's Silva and he will be the difference

Hopefully the players will actually do more than just talk a good game for a change.

baildon blue said:
I'm trying to be positive .
But after our last 3 away matches .
I can only see us losing .

They are in form but they are beatable. They didn't look that convincing against Villa and despite our fragile confidence and there had only been a few good performances this season we are more than capable especially in the away game against Chelsea.

chanceathefarpost said:
For me:
Hart
Zabs Vinny manga clichy
Milner fernandinho
Silva Yaya nasri
Aguero

Yaya to play on carrick out of possession to stop him dictating pace. If carrick cannot get his head up we can afford to play high line as they haven't the passing quality in back 4 to expose us. I want to see Yaya tirnjng and driving at rojo / smalling / evans or whoever.
Get silva and nasri moving inside to facilitate full backs bombing on. Whoever they have wide wont cope; dimaria, mata through endeavour, young Valencia through defensive discipline or ability.
Mangala on fellaini at set pieces.
More urgency pace in play; not interested in75% possession in front of two banks of 5. Don't allow them time to reshape - our biggest crime this year in my opinion.
And trust yourselves blues; you're better than United. Work harder than them and your quality will prevail.

Or go 442, have 80% possession and lose.

That's my thoughts...

Post of the evening, and totally agree
Go get 'em, blues

But

please oh please do not let fookin Manuel set us up 4-4-fookin 2

(By the way.. translation note for any Sky/Talkshite (SEN) journos... our manager has a first name, just like your pet boys ''Arry, 'Brendan' etc...

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Plavivoice said:
IWasHere said:
Doubt it mate, just as you said on the above post he'll play 442 and it's going g to be game over before we even kick off.

I agree with you on 442 but another fan told me I wasn't moaning last year about 442 when Negredo and Sergio were in tandem - so let's hope Pelly is right which is why he earns what he does and we are wrong!! Not sure Utd are as strong as they think and media would love them to be. lets stuff them with whatever formation and regroup at season end.

The reason 4-4-2 worked last season was Negredo was able to hold, control, and shield the ball, lay it off to fellow players and even turn and run it into the channels. Dzeko couldn't trap a bag of cement or his hand in a door, thats why it ain't working this season imo.

Agree. Also managers also did their homework and made sure they didn't make the same mistakes as they did last season. They picked out the weakness and worked on them. Then they looked at our weakness and made sure that they can at least try and suss us out. Look at what wenger did to us at the etihad. He knew that if he packed the midfield and made sure silva didn't have any space to work his magic we'd be lost and that proved costly in the end.
Some managers even noticed how shit our defence has been this season and knew that a long ball over our defence could result in the opposition scoring a goal. Burnley's a good example and we all know the rags love hoofing the ball to fellaini so hopefully mangs has to start to match his physical ability with fellaini. If demi starts then we could be looking at conceding 2, maybe 3. We all know he's gonna play 442 unfortunately so hope he starts JH,PZ,VK,EM,GC,SM/JM,DINHO,YT,DS,SA,ED (only because Bony's out).
Rags will play 433 and my guess will be they'll start de gea, valencia, smalling, jones, blind, carrick, fellaini, herrera, mata, rooney, di maria.

Edit: just realised vinnie might be out so looks like demi will start.

I hate the Derby. The joy of winning for me is less intense than the pain of losing. The circumstances surrounding tomorrow’s game, where the rags have been shite for the most part, got away with it and now find themselves ahead of us in the league will make a win for us sweeter than usual. It’s not the ‘biggest Derby ever’ etc, that accolade is still reserved for the semi final win. However, if you, like me, have seen the gobshites come out from under their rocks over the last week or two, particularly since Utd achieved the amazing feat of going a point above us in the league, a win tomorrow would taste as sweet as any over recent years and in fact, it would surpass last years humiliation in my book.

I hate Utd and their shithouse fans more now as I did in the 1970’s and believe me, that is saying something. I may be older and wiser, but that particular hatred has, if anything, grown in intensity.

I hope the team are up for it tomorrow as much as I will be.

Just read on the BBC website that we've won the last 5 against them. Can't figure it out. Thought we won the 2nd derby in their last title winning season, having lost at home, then we won both last season, and the first one this. That makes 4 in a row. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.