Unseen Lowry painting

Wasn't from Salford? - Probably a rag.
He was from Salford but did go to City games and did a few paintings at Maine Road.

This is from City v SheffUtd
C_71_article_1053758_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Yeah it was Easter 1983 when I went. Waltzers kept playing Blue Monday over and over. First time I'd ever heard it.

Presumably the first time and the second time and the third time and the fourth time and the fifth time and the sixth time and the seventh time (how long did you stay as I can edit this post and add some more ?)

I met him very briefly. On Friday afternoons I'd often break my crosstown journey home from school in town & go to my dad's office, which was then on Lloyd St. I'd do some homework then get a lift home

He'd often take me to the Kardomah on the corner of Albert Square for a pot of tea. My mum had a cafe in the Corn Exchange (a young Mike Summerbee & his pal George Best were regulars) & my dad was very into local artists like Harold Riley and used to showcase some up and coming artists' works on the walls of the cafe.

We were in the Kardomah one Friday afternoon and my dad quietly pointed out a white-haired man sat opposite, saying "That man's called LS Lowry & he's a well known artist". He had a brief word with him as we went out but the name meant nothing to me of course.

(Awaits GDM).
That’s not bad, but I prefer the one you told about when you met Rembrandt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.