Unveiling of City Banner in Bangkok...

aka blue jambo said:
will be over in December heading to Koh Chang .. usually go to Samed but fancy a change

If you are staying over in Bangkok, P.M. me and I can give you directions to the Pickled Liver, you can get together with fellow blues for a beer or two, even if no game on.

By the way ...you have made a good choice with Koh Chang.

cheers AB
usually we just go down the Khao Sahn Road ( spelling lol ) and catch any matches there but a City pub would be good.
stayed in Chinatown the last few trips but might change this time
anywhere you reconmend on Chang?

Hey there aka blue jambo,i'll leave AB to help you with recommendations for Chang,coz i've never been there.But as far as the PL goes,just to let you know,it is a City pub when we are the main game being shown live.Then there will be quite a few of us there.-Having said that as mentioned on earlier posts it is an English pub for all teams,hence if dare i say it when there's a 'pool rag game on there will be quite a few of them aswell.
Basically it's an English looking & owned pub,that is very friendly.Lots of ex-pats go there aswell as many tourists.But as been mentioned before when there is a City game on definately a great place to go........especially when we keep winning & keeping clean sheets!!!....."Blue moon you saw............................."

aka blue jambo said:
cheers AB
usually we just go down the Khao Sahn Road ( spelling lol ) and catch any matches there but a City pub would be good.
I think fleagle has summed up the Pickled Liver scenario, and I will P.M. you in the next day or so with Koh Chang details.
Why don't you Google the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok ( the Pickled Liver is just off Soi 11 ) for hotels.
At the moment, and even in December with the tourist turn down, you should be able to get some good rates over the internet.

Asian Blue said:
aka blue jambo said:
cheers AB
I think fleagle has summed up the Pickled Liver scenario, and I will P.M. you in the next day or so with Koh Chang details.
Why don't you Google the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok ( the Pickled Liver is just off Soi 11 ) for hotels.
At the moment, and even in December with the tourist turn down, you should be able to get some good rates over the internet.

Aka................have just P.M.'d you regarding Koh Chang....

ta again guys
my bruv does business over there and knows the area better than me ( will check out the hotel later today )
it looks like it could be a Thursday/ Friday we will be in Bangers ... is the bar still worth a visit?

aka blue jambo said:
ta again guys
my bruv does business over there and knows the area better than me ( will check out the hotel later today )
it looks like it could be a Thursday/ Friday we will be in Bangers ... is the bar still worth a visit?

Sure is Aka...............will be no City game on a Thursday/Friday I guess, but if you P.M. me in advance I will give you detailed directions to the Pickled Liver.
No doubt we can get some Bangkok Blues in for a beer, and meet up.
I will then also give you my mobile number.

Friendly pub for sure but better when City are on. Nick the manager/owner whatever he is seems sound and like City hates Trafford Town!! The bartender Lee aka Jack Sparrow is a right larf as well.

BTW Samed is very quiet you will find more to do on Ko Chang. Was there about 4 years ago just hope the Thais havent gone hog wild building on it!!

Frank the Yank said:
Well, it seems you have to be a cue ball headed fecker if you are a City fan in the Pickled Liver-with one notable exception!!! Gullivers isnt wank for the footie they have TONS of BIG Screens!!!

true but it's wank for everything else. i have vowed never to go in there again after going in there one time and ordering a cheeseburger and beer, then plugging in my laptop to use their "free" wifi--and having them tell me the douchebag owners don't want customers using their precious electricity... as if the 12 baht worth of electricity would screw them out of their profit on the 300 odd baht i was spending. meh. tourist trap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.