Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Post Match Thread

Despite getting on the scoresheet of late, this is far and away the worst Grealish has ever played for us. He looks like he's overthinking everything currently, and that's without Doku being able to continually nip at his heels to be the first choice.

Strong performances from Nunes, Bernie, Foden, Ake, Akanji, and Bobb. I hope to see the latter start on Friday.

We'll need to play better on Friday. I was impressed by Fluminese in their semi-final match.

Set up an absolute sitter for Nunes who unbelievably missed it!

I’ll apologize ahead of time to the fanboys, but Grealish is simply not playing well again, after a brief run of looking like the player we thought we were buying.

Of all the players who have played out wide this season, he is the one who has disappointed me the most.

Yes, he holds onto the ball quite well.
Yes, he draws a lot of fouls.
But, seriously, Oscar Bobb is a kid who has barely played and he’s looked fresher, faster, more dangerous, and about as productive.

That said, as Grealish has disappointed, so has Nunes shown exactly what Pep saw in him before we allowed him to go to Wolves.

Nunes’ speed on the turn and ability to project forward has been outstanding and only his lack of heading ability stopped him from adding a “second” to his tally today.

If we can get this squad ALL FIT and available in the New Year, the Treble is definitely on again! While that might sound ridiculous, the Gods have smiled on us in the UCL and FA Cup so far and we are definitely in the mix in the EPL.

One swallow does not a summer make, but if our finishing had matched some of our build up play, and VAR and the clock had been a little kinder to us this season, we’d be streets ahead in the EPL and the word “crisis” would have only been used by those seeking to find a way to unseat us.

Now, we just need to win and not pick up any injuries on Friday and the business end of the season beckons.

Being brought up in Reddish the primary criterion for a successful season was being, if you like, champions of what is now Greater Manchester. Being ahead of United in every competition we were both in was what mattered, anything else was icing on the cake.

Postcode lottery
somebody knocking on the door, somebody ringing the bell

Well the noisy neighbours now own the whole fucking world, hahahahaha

Just wanted to say how utterly fucking crap the Japanese team were, not sure I've seen a more pathetic excuse for a football team in my entire life. Not a single one displayed any talent or endeavour above that of a pub footballer. I hooe they reimbursed all of their excellent fans. How the fuck did they win a continental club competition? Yokohama Marinos were 20 times better than them in pre-season, no exaggeration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.