Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Post Match Thread

In a one-off game, there's always scope for an unexpected result, but realistically the best 10 clubs in the world are all European, and spread across England,.Spain, Germany, Italy, and France,

That's the financial reality, because unlike the World Cup where England might struggle against the blistering pace of Japan, it's a lesser challenge in club football,. essentially because the better Japanese players have.already been cherry picked.

City had obviously done their homework and knew that the Urawa Full Backs weren't capable of running for 90 minutes.
That's why the ball was endlessly recycled until midway through the Second Half when Grealish started to find more space, and as boring as that tactic often appears, it would have been totally justified if Nunes had scored the free header.

That's not a criticism of Nunes, who was probably our best player

Bernardo does exactly the same as Grealish on the right wing and never gets a single bit of stick. Its obviously how Pep instructs the wingers to play against a low block as nobody even makes a run into the box when it goes wide. Never seen a player slated so much for doing what the manager asks of him. Its fucking mad.

I thought we played well first half against a team that were intent on defending and giving us no space. Second half we got more space, not because we played much better but they were tiring. Jack was frustrating yesterday, he had that full back on toast but did not seem to want to take him on, kept the ball well though and added width. As others have said Bobb is hopefully going to be some player. I was also happy for Kovacic to get a goal and Nunes having a good game - he just needs to add a “pausa” sometimes, everything is a little too fast. Looking forward to the final, I am sure the Brazilian team will be more adventurous

Bernardo does exactly the same as Grealish on the right wing and never gets a single bit of stick. Its obviously how Pep instructs the wingers to play against a low block as nobody even makes a run into the box when it goes wide. Never seen a player slated so much for doing what the manager asks of him. Its fucking mad.
You have to admit though and I do like Jack but....when Bernie gets the ball the chance of ' something ' happening is far greater than Jack and we all know exactly what he'll do, 95/100 fanny about in front of a full back then pull it back into midfield. And Doku is even more direct than Bernie imo.

BBC match report mentioned the cost of our bench vs the other team. It’s just pathetic now. I know it shouldn’t wind me up but it does. Still.

You have to admit though and I do like Jack but....when Bernie gets the ball the chance of ' something ' happening is far greater than Jack and we all know exactly what he'll do, 95/100 fanny about in front of a full back then pull it back into midfield. And Doku is even more direct than Bernie imo.

I think Bernardo frustrates me even more actually because he usually passes it to Walker who immediately turns around and looks to pass back towards our goal!

Need so much more urgency to avoid letting teams set up the low block. The pass front Walker to Kova was the perfect example.

Few defensive lapses, but can't complain too much for a 3-0 win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.