Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to suck up to the hurt feelings of Americans, but these are completely different things. To pick the most recent example, the entire German leadership either killed themselves or were put on trial and the country was occupied for years afterwards. Saudi Arabia has never experienced a fraction of that accountability. (But I have different reasons for not being interested in this joke tournament.)
The difference being, that Nazi-German leadership that faced accountability was the leadership that carried out the atrocities…

Even then, not sure how much accountability those individuals subsequently hired by all levels of the US government in the immediate aftermath of the war faced.

Saudi Arabia didn’t “do 9/11”. Al-Qaeda, a terrorist organisation did.

If similar accountability is to take place, it must be Al-Qaeda that faces it. Might have to think of something other than the death penalty though, they’re into that kinda thing.

This thread has taken a weird fucking turn

For what its worth, 3/4 bombers on 7July were british born so by the same logic the UK attacked the UK.

Extremists are extremists
Terrorists are terrorists
Countries are countries

Some countries are cleaner than others but every one has a fucking closet full of skeletons the longer you look

Can we look forward to city at the club world cup?

Most of the people involved were from Saudi Arabia.
So? That doesn’t make Saudi Arabia responsible for those people’s actions.

The state didn’t carry it out, the civilian population didn’t carry it out, members of Al-Qaeda carried it out.

Shall we put every single American on trial for storming of the capitol? Or for bombing Iraq and Libya into the ground? How about dousing Vietnam in agent orange? Shall we put the entire Western hemisphere on trial for enslavement of Africans?

Or maybe it’s just the people who did it that were responsible, and not everyone who shares an ethnicity with some of them.

So? That doesn’t make Saudi Arabia responsible for those people’s actions.

The state didn’t carry it out, the civilian population didn’t carry it out, members of Al-Qaeda carried it out.

Shall we put every single American on trial for storming of the capitol? Or for bombing Iraq and Libya into the ground? How about dousing Vietnam in agent orange? Shall we put the entire Western hemisphere on trial for enslavement of Africans?

Or maybe it’s just the people who did it that were responsible, and not everyone who shares an ethnicity with some of them.

Saudi Arabia paid out on it didn’t they? Sure I saw a report that it was likely the government there would have had knowledge of it but failed to act. I could see why families would hold a grudge against them if so.

On that count the Brigada Rossa were Italian, the Bader-Meinhof gang were German, the Unabomber was American, and the Angry Brigade British.
Half the Royal Family spent their holidays with Adolf and co.

This thread has taken a weird fucking turn

For what its worth, 3/4 bombers on 7July were british born so by the same logic the UK attacked the UK.

Extremists are extremists
Terrorists are terrorists
Countries are countries

Some countries are cleaner than others but every one has a fucking closet full of skeletons the longer you look

Can we look forward to city at the club world cup?
That’s why I’ve always advocated the UK nuking itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.