Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a New Yorker who was directly affected by the September 11th attacks, the fact that Saudi Arabia is hosting the Club World Cup puts a stain on the entire event for me.
Hahaha u think Saudi Arabia was involved in 9/11!? George Bush probably knows more about it...
How do you think almost every other country in the world feels about the USA!?
Im offended any time I see your flag.

Long flights may play a part.
Players are not robots.
No but long flights are nothing new they do it every international break. Chelsea and Liverpool have been through it in the last couple of years and only missed one league game.

I want to win it, was merely responding to a post that Saudi had no dabs on 9/11.

I know mate, you can't deny their links - it's out there for people to read about.

My response was merely about politics generally. There's corruption at the core of everything and it's better to separate them. Otherwise, like I said, you live in this Guardian writer's world. Although they only seem to be concerned with the middle east of course. Considering the business we do with the middle east as a country on arms and otherwise, it seems completely hypocritical to judge or condemn sports teams when we don't scrutinise political activities.

Football, like everything else, will follow the money.

thanks - I am probably going to fly to dubai first have 4/5 nights there and then fly to saudi for the games.

dubai seems to be alot more relaxed/accomadating of the western lifestyle.
Dubai is good but will probably be pricey at that time of year. Flights between Riyadh and Dubai are regular and relatively cheap.

Abu dhabi will have cheaper digs (and beer) but flight options not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.