US Politics Thread

Not sure on that. It’s not even 10% of their net worth. And they will just carry on. 25% of Americans are Republicans and Fox has that segment locked in for news coverage.
…so you agree with my earlier post, then?

Sadly, I still am not sure the disruption will be enough. They have groomed a viewer base that believes anything they say, and will swallow whatever spin they come out with for this Dominion defeat, as they have for previous Fox News scandals.

We can just hope pure demographic shifts take them down before they help the far right take down what’s left of democracy in the US.

If you watch the footage of the Dominion legal team speaking you'll see an older, balding gentleman who works for one of the law firms. That's John -- the biggest yank West Ham fan in the USA. So much so that the last issue of the club matchday mag the year they vacated Upton Park there was a whole article about him and his utter obsession with his Hammers through thick and thin.

He's an old college buddy of mine and my wife's. We exchanged email pleasantries after his club helped ours out this weekend. Wish he hadn't settled though :)

If you watch the footage of the Dominion legal team speaking you'll see an older, balding gentleman who works for one of the law firms. That's John -- the biggest West Ham fan in the USA. So much so that the last issue of the club matchday mag the year they vacated Upton Park there was a whole article about him and his utter obsession with his Hammers through thick and thin.

He's an old college buddy of mine and my wife's. We exchanged email pleasantries after his club helped ours out this weekend. Wish he hadn't settled though :)
We all do, we all do.

If you watch the footage of the Dominion legal team speaking you'll see an older, balding gentleman who works for one of the law firms. That's John -- the biggest yank West Ham fan in the USA. So much so that the last issue of the club matchday mag the year they vacated Upton Park there was a whole article about him and his utter obsession with his Hammers through thick and thin.

Fair play there cant be many people you arent loosely connected to, always enjoy reading it

@FogBlueInSanFran When you have a chance, would love to hear your thoughts on the implications of extreme gerrymandering through 2031.

A question for you because these days I have not been able to analyse things quite as closely as I have in previous years:

How much of the GOP’s current march to fully realised authoritarian (I would actually call it Fascist, but I understand you don’t believe that to be the case) governance and war on secular culture—at local, state, and federal level—is influenced by extreme gerrymandered that they perceive not only largely insulates them from popular opposition to their policies and actions at the voting booth (i.e. many of their disciples and leaders will get elected regardless of how unpopular they are now, at least through 2031, as the voting maps are locked till then), but also drives them to courting the militant base within the party (mostly created and continually groomed by the likes of Trump and DeSantis) to ensure they receive their votes in the many gerrymandered districts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.