US Politics Thread

What do folks make of the debt ceiling compromise reached by Congress in terms of politics on the Right?

Prior to the compromise, it was my opinion that nearly all centrist, rational Republicans had been pushed out of office by MAGA maniacs. My expectation was that no compromise could possibly be reached and that the US would default on its debt barring some sort of 14th amendment intervention by the President.

I was obviously wrong.

So... what's actually going on in the Right? Are numerous Republican officials nominally centrist but afraid to act for fear of MAGA reprisal? And/or - and I hope this is the case - is MAGA losing its grip?
Biden showing his experience here. He's looking competent and praising McCarthy over coming together. Whilst the MAGA crowd are rabid and threatening to remove their speaker.

The more this narrative plays out the so called sensible independent voters will move in the same competent direction.

You ok?

You seem really really angry?
No. I'm sad. Sad that otherwise rational people cannot see what the majority of those who post here do.

We can talk about politics and policy again after the authoritarian, Xtian-nationalist cultgrifters and political cowards too soft to call out radicalism are eradicated from political power -- maybe then the GOP returns to being the party it once was.

Until then, vote them all out, down to dogcatcher.

What do folks make of the debt ceiling compromise reached by Congress in terms of politics on the Right?

Prior to the compromise, it was my opinion that nearly all centrist, rational Republicans had been pushed out of office by MAGA maniacs. My expectation was that no compromise could possibly be reached and that the US would default on its debt barring some sort of 14th amendment intervention by the President.

I was obviously wrong.

So... what's actually going on in the Right? Are numerous Republican officials nominally centrist but afraid to act for fear of MAGA reprisal? And/or - and I hope this is the case - is MAGA losing its grip?
Power in the GOP is as much with the mega rich donors as it is with Trump. They are often aligned, but on this they were not. A default would have been an economic disaster and that was enough for the money men to issue instructions to give Biden a win.

You ok?

You seem really really angry?
If you'd have addressed this to me - I'd have answered quite differently than FogBlue.

I'm not OK.

And yes, I'm fucking pissed off.

WTF has happened to the America I knew and was so very proud of when Obama was elected into office?

You've been smoking too much Fox News man. Put it down - it's bad for you.

Biden is a fantastic but uncharismatic President and the USA is very lucky to have him in office during these incredibly difficult times.
Fuck me here we go again. Anyone who questions Biden, and my life there's a lot to question, watches Fox News. Fortunately we don't get it over here, but I'd suggest CNN is just as bad. CNN and Fox are just as bad as each other and attract the outer reaches of both camps.

However, 'lucky to have Biden'. Fucking behave yourself.

The problem with all this is that Britain copies America and we're nearly alongside you with the polarisation of politics. This place is a perfect example.

Fuck me here we go again. Anyone who questions Biden, and my life there's a lot to question, watches Fox News. Fortunately we don't get it over here, but I'd suggest CNN is just as bad. CNN and Fox are just as bad as each other and attract the outer reaches of both camps.

The problem with all this is that Britain copies America and we're nearly alongside you with the polarisation of politics. This place is a perfect example.
Tip - if you must smoke, don't inhale. Perhaps in a month or so the anti-Biden bullshit drug will wear off and you'll come to your senses.

CNN is just as bad. They’re now controlled by a major Trump donor and are rapidly lurching to the right. Not that you knew that of course.

Also if you think you’re viewed as being “to the right of me”, a guy that’s voted Tory on all but 1 occasion and think I’m left wing, it suggests you’re probably only one [goose] step away from the edge out there.

CNN is just as bad. They’re now controlled by a major Trump donor and are rapidly lurching to the right. Not that you knew that of course.

Also if you think you’re viewed as being “to the right of me”, a guy that’s voted Tory on all but 1 occasion and think I’m left wing, it suggests you’re probably only one [goose] step away from the edge out there.
No idea what you're going on about there. Are you saying you voted Conservative? If so, then so what? You're right I never knew CNN had been bought. Good thing. I heard Fox also got rid of that Carlson fella, so maybe they're moving left......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.