US Politics Thread

Here's a link to the full indictment if anyone wants to read it. I found it interesting that on page 9 they incorporated five statements by Trump from 2016 where he i) bemoans people playing fast-and-loose with classified materials, & ii) demands they be held accountable, as no one is above the law: e.g. "In my administration I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law." The rest of his statements are at least as damning.

TSSCI is the stuff that’s never, ever, supposed to be taken out of a secure, surveillance proof room.

“The documents included information on… potential vulnerabilities of the United States and allies to military attack and plans for possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack.”

Oh wow, you don’t fuck with that shit… If any of that has fallen into the hands of a bad actor then I’m pretty sure the US has executed people for less. And I’m not exaggerating.

Vladimir might offer him asylum in Sochi yet...
It was a thought to post the same but when you think of how he’s fucked his (transactional) mate over, it’s hard to see. Although the subversion can’t be discounted in the future.

NB. Thought this was a post in the Johnson thread, just shows how they are very much aligned.

It's proper LIMDIS need-to-know stuff, usually containing HUMINT, or extremely sensitive information.
Wasn’t there a report that the secret services were concerned that they’d ‘lost’ a lot of human foreign agents/informants after the Mango left office?

on a par with the losses caused by Aldrich Ames leaks?

The thing is…These aren’t crimes that you can plea down to non-jail time misdemeanours.

There’s enough evidence in the indictment to send a normal person to prison for centuries.

And they knew that before they charged him.

Which IMO means the people who matter have already decided that holding him accountable is more important than how bad it is for the USA to send a former president to prison.

He’s too stupid to plead guilty, and federal crimes have legally defined sentences, and maximum amounts of wiggle room.

So if a jury finds him guilty, he’s going to prison or he’s being pardoned.

And no democrat is going to pardon him.

So will it be a 5* golf resort prison camp? Probably. Maybe even the kind of insane home detention that Epstein managed to get.

But as far as I can see, there’s no scenario where he’s found guilty and only gets a slap on the wrist.

I think he’ll end up in prison for a few years until the Republicans win an election and pardon him.

You know what, I don't think there is anything in the law which prevents him being President in prison?

He won't go anywhere near a prison cell, especially as it appears Biden would most likely be pursued in the same way, by the Republicans.

Hopefully, this means a secret plea bargain which essentially stops Trump running.

Di Santis and Scott would be a very strong ticket for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.