US Politics Thread

The issue is Not whether climate change is caused by human emissions. The issue is whether the proposals of those on the left will mitigate or solve the climate change problem. I won't bore you with the details as you don't seem interested enough. But the conclusions are clear, it's does not look like their proposals will reduce emissions talk less save the planet.
That's only the debate because it's all the right wing, anti-science cunts have left after 50 years of backtracking as each and every position on the issue has proven false.

1. There's no such thing as global warming
2. Yes, global warming exists, but humans aren't the cause.
3. Yes, global warming exist and humans caused it, but none of these proposals will solve it anyway.

You're only arguing number 3 because you were born too late to argue number 1 and 2 (or it's become too embarrassing to do so publicly and admit you were hoodwinked by the propaganda of huge corporations that stand to lose out from acceptance of climate change).

That's only the debate because it's all the right wing, anti-science cunts have left after 50 years of backtracking as each and every position on the issue has proven false.

1. There's no such thing as global warming
2. Yes, global warming exists, but humans aren't the cause.
3. Yes, global warming exist and humans caused it, but none of these proposals will solve it anyway.

You're only arguing number 3 because you were born too late to argue number 1 and 2 (or it's become too embarrassing to do so publicly and admit you were hoodwinked by the propaganda of huge corporations that stand to lose out from acceptance of climate change).
I don't think there has ever been a time when the argument was that there is no such thing as global warming. This is just something leftist say to make themselves feel superior.

Let me clarify for you. Initially at least in the 60s and the 70 there was an argument as to whether we were going towards a global cooling or warming. If you were around in the 70s you'd remember the ads about global cooling and the effects of Aerosols. Those who disagreed back then pointed to the existing counter arguments of whether we were looking at a coming cooling or warming. There were some evidence for both claims. This, the sensible concluded we needed more data.

It's funny, that those who said we needed more data have now being rebranded as denying global cooling or is it warming?

Next, once global warming became the prevailing view, the question of what causes it and how can its negative effects be mitigated became the issue. Leftist, like you I suppose, concluded it was man made and we need to stop it by limiting our emissions.

On the other side, the arguments were 1) Temperature is NOT solely affected by what humans do, and 2.) The actions of governments in the West will not change the actions of those in S. America, Africa or Asia.

This objection has been reframed as denying humans cause climate change. It's an effective tactic. Albeit dishonest.

But none of that answers the present question: Will the present climate change proposals in America and England and other Western countries change the faith of the World's climate?

I mean forget the climate deniers. These are questions you should be asking if climate survival was truly important to you as many on the left claim it is.

The self proclaimed “hard workers” are usually hardly working….

At least it's nice that you guys now agree this is an issue. So let's get rid of all the culprits. Hailey, Hunter and Joe?

I think we have a deal :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.