US Politics Thread

He tried this 34 years ago with my bank when I was a young pup in the real estate business.

It’s why I knew he was an insane dangerous fraud from the beginning. And I said so.

But I and many others had to be lectured about our TDS from some of the utter cunts who now won’t show their faces here.

You fucking idiots.

From APnews on the Trump case:
"Engoron found that Trump consistently overvalued Mar-a-Lago on his financial statements between 2014 and 2021, inflating its value on one statement by 2,300%, and rebuked him for lying about the size of his Trump Tower apartment in Manhattan. Trump claimed the three-story penthouse was nearly three times its actual size, valuing the property at $327 million."

So he was close then.
Everything looks bigger if you've got small hands.....so I've been told.

Wow, in the ruling the judge has written a scathing 3-page rant excoriating the conduct of Trumps' legal counsel. A few choice quotes:

We are way beyond the point of "sophisticated counsel should have known better"; we are at the point of intentional and blatant disregard of controlling authority and law of the case.

Exacerbating defendants' obstreperous conduct is their continued reliance on bogus arguments, in papers and oral argument. In defendants' world: rent regulated apartments are worth the same as unregulated apartments; ... That is a fantasy world, not the real world.

He has ordered every lawyer on the brief to pay $7,500 into the public defence fund as a sanction within 30 days.

It goes without saying, judges are usually of fairly even-temperament and not lightly do they use this kind of language. They've really fucked up.

It makes me wonder how anybody is still defending Trump. But clearly the quality of what's left is farkakte.
Even crazier is that the fines are because his ‘lawyers’ in filing to dismiss claimed that as the AG cannot put a number on his much he profited from overstating his asset values, there cannot possibly be any fraud.

This judge has twice rejected this argument from them, and cites a mountain of established case law from NY confirming this is not the law…..

As said, he’s basically stuck with charlatans defending him now who are only doing it with an eye to a consulting career with Fox/Newsmax

Oh my God, Kennedy running as a third party candidate? What a shocking turn of ev . . . oh wait. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ahhhhh ha ha ha, nice work by the Dr. Frankentwats in the GOP.

If only Kennedy Junior could get enough percentage to get in on the nominees TV debates.

It would make them entertaining as him and Trump out batshit crazy each other out whilst Biden has an ice cream and a nap in the background.

If only Kennedy Junior could get enough percentage to get in on the nominees TV debates.

It would make them entertaining as him and Trump out batshit crazy each other out whilst Biden has an ice cream and a nap in the background.
The thing with Trump is that he's not that hardcore on crazy stuff. He's very conflicted on it, for example he flips on the vaccine all the time. He will happily retweet q memes as it gets him likes but he doesn't really give a shit about conspiracy stuff. He just hints at it as he knows his crazies lap it up. But when in an interview and pressed on issues like abortion and vaccines he will play both sides.

Anyone thinking that free speech in America is perfectly balanced right now and need not change should take a look at comments on the Fox News article about Trump's conviction on charges of fraud in NY State for misrepresenting the value of his properties.

Outright misstatement of fact abound - and if you happen to be pro-Trump, these misrepresentations almost certainly lead you to act in an irrational manner.

Currently, the most prevalent misstatements of fact by Fox News commenters are that:
1) Trump didn't personally value his properties - appraisers did - and thus Trump isn't guilty of crime;
2) It's perfectly legal when submitting loan applications to claim anything you like with regard to the value of your property; it's the loaning institution that's responsible for verifying property value and whatever you claim as the value on your loan application is perfectly fine.
3) Trump repaid the loans in full. No one lost any money. Therefore, no crime was committed.

Free speech laws in the USA are far, far too lax - and if not (miraculously changed) will inevitably lead to even more bad outcomes for society.

Edit - added third popular misstatement

Last edited:
Anyone thinking that free speech in America is perfectly balanced right now and need not change should take a look at comments on the Fox News article about Trump's conviction on charges of fraud in NY State for misrepresenting the value of his properties.

Outright misstatement of fact abound - and if you happen to be pro-Trump, these misrepresentations almost certainly lead you to act in an irrational manner.

Currently, the most prevalent misstatements of fact by Fox News commenters are that:
1) Trump didn't personally value his properties - appraisers did - and thus Trump isn't guilty of crime;
2) It's perfectly legal when submitting loan applications to claim anything you like with regard to the value of your property; it's the loaning institution that's responsible for verifying property value and whatever you claim as the value on your loan application is perfectly fine.

Free speech laws in the USA are far, far too lax - and if not (miraculously changed) will inevitably lead to even more bad outcomes for society.

I find it absurd that any actual functional human being capable of tying their own shoes finds those arguments compelling.

Free speech is one thing but the brainless acceptance of nonsense is totally baffling to me.

If you do approximately five seconds of thinking you will stumble upon giant gaping holes in these arguments. You don’t need to be an expert. You don’t even need to be that smart. You just need to think.

He tried this 34 years ago with my bank when I was a young pup in the real estate business.

It’s why I knew he was an insane dangerous fraud from the beginning. And I said so.

But I and many others had to be lectured about our TDS from some of the utter cunts who now won’t show their faces here.

You fucking idiots.
Not really you bloody ****. We are still here. What we told you then and is still correct today is that we can't take YOUR personal business tiff with the man as the basis for why anyone should decide differently. Your personal business experience is irrelevant to whether the guy could or couldn't be a good President. Nor does it affect whether some decide to or not to vote for him.

How you don't get that baffles the mind.

What a dufus!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.