US Politics Thread

I’ve thought it for a while now but Trump is going to win next year, even if he’s in a prison cell.

It’s a terrifying prospect with regards to foreign policy, NATO and Ukraine.

I really don’t think he is, mate. Unless Biden suffers a near-election-time stroke.

You reckon?

A poll last week had Trump as favourite. I know it’s only one poll and we’re a while off but still, he’s claimed back a ton of ground.

And Biden really does come across as very frail and discombobulated. He looks his age.

Biden’s record in office is actually exceptional but I really worry about his ability when it comes to campaigning and the optics.

What’s the reason everyone hates Harris btw? I assume by your username you’re in the US? She comes across quite well from what I’ve seen and in 2020 I assumed she was Biden’s running mate with a view to being the main candidate in 24.

You reckon?

A poll last week had Trump as favourite. I know it’s only one poll and we’re a while off but still, he’s claimed back a ton of ground.

And Biden really does come across as very frail and discombobulated. He looks his age.

Biden’s record in office is actually exceptional but I really worry about his ability when it comes to campaigning and the optics.

What’s the reason everyone hates Harris btw? I assume by your username you’re in the US? She comes across quite well from what I’ve seen and in 2020 I assumed she was Biden’s running mate with a view to being the main candidate in 24.
Claimed back a lot of ground from where? Where’s a poll that said Biden ever had a big lead over him?

This sense that people are sitting down in their living room chairs and saying, “Gee, I don’t know which side I’m on — I really need to think this through” doesn’t make any sense in the context of American politics. Everyone has already decided. It’s ALL about TURNOUT.

I don’t understand why folks don’t understand this.

I suspect Harris doesn’t “poll well” because she’s a black woman. Internally she has a bad reputation as a lousy people-manager and disorganiz(s)ed, but she was my senator for a while and she always seemed reasonable, though I couldn’t put her on an issue or platform that she truly owned. So bottom line is I’d worry about her as Chief Executive given her reputation, but that’s a weird reason for me not to like her and wouldn’t make sense explaining why others don’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.