US Politics Thread

As much as I want to believe the GOP are slipping to irrelevance it’s just not true. Even in the current trajectory….

Ignoring the fact that they still have a choke hold on many state governments with only purple states and blue states rejecting MAGA;

….they still have 6 priests on the Supreme Court including the 3 young ones appointed by Trump, sizable amounts of federal judges already appointed by Trump which has already turned the fifth circuit court into a right wing nut job factory, and institutional advantages given to them by the Senate and Electoral College that will always keep them very close to power or powerful obstructionists even if their popularity shrinks further.
Also, excellent at jerrymandering.

Also, excellent at jerrymandering.

I hate to sound bleak but even the GOP in their current cluster**** are probably still going to get at least 40 percent of the Congressional ballot come 2024. I try not to stare at the abyss for too long….

I hate to sound bleak but even the GOP in their current cluster**** are probably still going to get at least 40 percent of the Congressional ballot come 2024. I try not to stare at the abyss for too long….
You’re only talking about a handful of swing states. Crazy. Time to go by the popular vote and abandon the electoral college.

As much as I want to believe the GOP are slipping to irrelevance it’s just not true. Even in the current trajectory….

Ignoring the fact that they still have a choke hold on many state governments with only purple states and blue states rejecting MAGA;

….they still have 6 priests on the Supreme Court including the 3 young ones appointed by Trump, sizable amounts of federal judges already appointed by Trump which has already turned the fifth circuit court into a right wing nut job factory, and institutional advantages given to them by the Senate and Electoral College that will always keep them very close to power or powerful obstructionists even if their popularity shrinks further.
The SCOTUS point is valid. But they only got there by ignoring precedent and stealing an Obama pick. And the implications are massively pissing people off and acceleting the drive for reform.

Abortion has been avoided for years as the Roe case had settled it. But the recent ruling just means that politicians will have to step up. Its going to be a big problem for any Republican in anything approaching a moderate electoral district or state. Abortion rights are very popular and people will turn out to vote for it. The gop have nothing good to say on it unless they represent some backward rural towns.

They'll never be irrelevant but the Trump era is coming to an end. He's going to be found guilty in most of his trials, his loyalist are all at risk of losing their seats. The minority of a dozen will be 3 or 4 after the next election and then they'll be irrelevant. The soft supporters will slink back into the mainstream and try to pretend they were never Trumpists.

The interesting thing will be how many of the MAGA voters return to the Republican party and how many just stop voting.

The other elephant in the room is who do the Dems have lined up to replace Biden in 2028. Because right now they don't have anyone who looks likely.

Sidney Powell flips against the orange shit gibbon

That's huge. She was in the white house meetings where the plan was discussed with Trump. His only hope was to claim it all happened without his knowledge or involvement. If she's done a deal to rat on him he's fkd.

It could also spark a race for others to deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.