US Politics Thread

I have followed all the legal events surrounding Trump quite closely on an independent news channel: The Meidastouch Network. It is peopled by distinguished commentator/lawyers and is excellent. They think Trump is fucked. Main stuff on utube.

They'll never be irrelevant but the Trump era is coming to an end. He's going to be found guilty in most of his trials, his loyalist are all at risk of losing their seats. The minority of a dozen will be 3 or 4 after the next election and then they'll be irrelevant. The soft supporters will slink back into the mainstream and try to pretend they were never Trumpists.

The interesting thing will be how many of the MAGA voters return to the Republican party and how many just stop voting.

The other elephant in the room is who do the Dems have lined up to replace Biden in 2028. Because right now they don't have anyone who looks likely.

I agree but my point was that no matter how bad it gets for the GOP they have can easily completely change the agenda with just a few electoral wins here and there while the Dems more or less have to get close to perfect electoral results to enact their agenda.

2028 and beyond is a tricky one but to be honest I’m more concerned about the 2026 Senate election map. It’s going to be an uphill battle climb for Dems if they do not have a near perfect midterm election in 2026…

To quote Paddy from Max & Paddy: "You play with feathers, you get your arse tickled".

She put herself between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place', and in flipping on the Don she's just put a massive target on her back for the MAGA loons to take a pop at.

She's obviously made the calculation that having to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life was better than the potential prison sentence that was on the cards if she refused the deal.
There are a few MAGA loons who might be crazy/desperate enough to be actual physical threats, but the vast, vast, vast majority are all talkers. Even among those who participated during the insurrection, look at how almost all of them caved, begged, pleaded tearfully during their apologies for mercy -- and how unmoved judges have been in sentencing. She'll be fine.

I agree but my point was that no matter how bad it gets for the GOP they have can easily completely change the agenda with just a few electoral wins here and there while the Dems more or less have to get close to perfect electoral results to enact their agenda.

2028 and beyond is a tricky one but to be honest I’m more concerned about the 2026 Senate election map. It’s going to be an uphill battle climb for Dems if they do not have a near perfect midterm election in 2026…
They can't change much unless they have the House and Presidency too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.