US Politics Thread

It should be frightening how friendly a political party is towards right wing paramilitary groups….
Is it frightening to when they are friendly with leftwing paramilitary groups or does this only work in one direction?

When John McCain was running for president he was asked by a Republican voter if Obama was a dangerous un-American and a Moslem, etc. He quietly told her "no, he is a decent man with whom I disagree on political issues." The woman had expected him to feed her evangelical paranoia and was disappointed that he didn't. That kind of civility by McCain has so much gone missing that Mike Pence was recently booed at a rally when he called for its return. What Trump offers instead is vicious retribution for the "wrongs" he's suffered and he's framing them as wrongs done not just to himself but to "us", i.e. his base. So the woman who got gently rebuked by McCain might yet get her weird convictions confirmed. Let's hope Trump gets his convictions confirmed first.

Is it frightening to when they are friendly with leftwing paramilitary groups or does this only work in one direction?

Who are these left wing American paramilitaries a Democratic politician would hypothetically say to “stand down and stand by”. Or actively invite to overthrow the government?

I’m not completely blinkered. I do not think their should be any paramilitary groups behind political parties but I won’t both sides this in the context of US politics.

A step in the right direction for who? The Democrats? It's seems mos people on the left just assume the opposition is supposed to lay down so they can win. Republicans don't want milk toast conservative candidates Democrats would like. Just like you don't see Democrats chumping at the bit for the likes of Manchin. Republicans would like those centrist Democrats more too.

Hence why the Democrat loved candidates like Nikki Haley, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney and the like, are perpetual loser type candidates.

These are just not the kinds of national candidates Republicans want.

It's Trump, who is great in terms of pushing Conservative agenda without remorse. And if not him, you want Desantis. Why? Because he is a competent Conservative Governor who doesn't grovel to the media and the left. And at worst, conservatives will settle for the Upstart kid Vivek. Who is by a large margin the smartest candidate on either side of the divide.

Sure, Democrats, Leftists and the State media don't like these candidates, but that's par for the course. No media liked Republican candidate has won the Presidency in 50 years.

It is as good a sign that you are guaranteed to lose as a Republican when the media likes you. It simply means you are weak. The media has never liked a strong Republican candidate...

So yeah @FogBlueInSanFran please bet the house on Haley. :)
It will be fun twenty years from now when we look back on posts like this the same way we look back on missives by segregationists in the 50s today.

Also congratulations on penning this gem: “It's Trump, who is great in terms of pushing Conservative agenda without remorse.”

Apparently the Conservative agenda is to support Russia, trash Disney, support gunowners over law enforcement, suppress the press, and fuck around on your spouses.

I know you haven’t figured it out yet, but the Conservative agenda is whatever springs into Trump’s head today, and it is followed to the letter out of blind cultish stupidity or fear.

That’s why rational people — thanks for calling them Democrats; makes the point for the rest of us, though I'd also include some independents in that mix — want a different conservative candidate.

Your inability to understand what’s going on really is staggering.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.