US Politics Thread

I get the same impression from the Cuban migrants in Florida after just watching a news report about them.

Very pro republican. One was glad they escaped Cuba but didn't want anyone else doing so.
Immigrants who do ok for themselves tend to very quickly become right wing once they’ve established themselves. It isn’t unique to the US.

General question:

What are people’s thoughts on the likelihood of Biden not running in November and what are the metrics around any associated timings? At what point would he be likely, or moreover be required to declare this.

I don’t mind him, although he’s not been robust enough with Israel imo, but with his age in particular I think he’s a liability - and like any sane person my priority (for the UK and the world) is that Trump is not elected back to office.

What are people’s thoughts on this?

General question:

What are people’s thoughts on the likelihood of Biden not running in November and what are the metrics around any associated timings? At what point would he be likely, or moreover be required to declare this.

I don’t mind him, although he’s not been robust enough with Israel imo, but with his age in particular I think he’s a liability - and like any sane person my priority (for the UK and the world) is that Trump is not elected back to office.

What are people’s thoughts on this?
Any challenge would have had to have started by now.

One problem is that if JB wanted to step aside then his VP would be the logical alternative. But Harris is not exactly electoral dynamite. So who?

Bottom line is I think JB will be the pick. Its too late unless there is some extraordinary dealings behind the scenes.

Any challenge would have had to have started by now.

One problem is that if JB wanted to step aside then his VP would be the logical alternative. But Harris is not exactly electoral dynamite. So who?

Bottom line is I think JB will be the pick. It’s too late unless there is some extraordinary dealings behind the scenes.
Shame as I think that makes Trump’s success far more likely, as hatred/lack of confidence of Biden in some quarters appears to…errr… trump uneasiness about Trump.

I agree, Harris is an even bigger liability than Biden.

From what I’ve seen I’ve been impressed with Newsome, but that’s only a ex tempore, superficial view.

Could he stand as someone’s VP? Not sure where that sits with the 22nd Amendment as he’s already held that office twice.

Shame as I think that makes Trump’s success far more likely, as hatred/lack of confidence of Biden in some quarters appears to…errr… trump uneasiness about Trump.

I agree, Harris is an even bigger liability than Biden.

From what I’ve seen I’ve been impressed with Newsome, but that’s only a ex tempore, superficial view.

Could he stand as someone’s VP? Not sure where that sits with the 22nd Amendment as he’s already held that office twice.
If you go back to the contest that JB won his main challengers all had significant issues. Pete would be great as an example but America is not voting in a gay president anytime soon.

The dems need a new jfk but whenever it comes to it they just don't seem to have big hitters who would have universal appeal.

Newsome is possibly the best they have but coming from Cali and the issues that state has would give the gop some ammo. Cali is the rights idea of a failed state.

It's crazy to think that more decent Dem candidates weren't developed over the past 10 years.

Someone ideally from Massachusetts, Conecticut, Rhode Island, New York or Philidelphia, i.e. where people are mostly "normal".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.