US Politics Thread

"The USA has never been a racist country."
Nikki Haley told us so today. Thank goodness for that.
And this encapsulates why it's impossible for me to vote for any Republican presidential nominee.

Even the most sane of such candidates, espouse non-starter positions and/or fails to advance critically important objectives, such as:
* Denying that climate-change is the direct result of human activity, specifically, the massive increase in
CO2emissions
* Failing to support election integrity and in particular that there was no impactful voter fraud in the 2020 election
* Milquetoast former Republican leaders - failing to call out Trump for the fascist he is. Bush in particular.

Last edited:
Some interesting details out today on the state of funding in the GOP.

Campaign spending on Iowa, including pacs:
Trump 18m
Ron 35m
Hayley 37m

Now that's a lot of anti Trump money. Is it because Trump didn't need to spend? Or does he hate spending and wouldn't do it anyway.

Some interesting details out today on the state of funding in the GOP.

Campaign spending on Iowa, including pacs:
Trump 18m
Ron 35m
Hayley 37m

Now that's a lot of anti Trump money. Is it because Trump didn't need to spend? Or does he hate spending and wouldn't do it anyway.

I think it’s the incumbency advantage he has mixed in with the charisma he has within the party.

There’s nothing in the Constitution to prevent him standing if convicted and, presumably, even if incarcerated; Eugene V. Debs ran for the presidency in 1920 from Atlanta Federal Penitentiary and received a tad over 3% of the vote. Even if convicted beforehand, Trump would likely appeal and could be back in the White House before that appeal is heard, at which point he could appoint a new Attorney General and make any charges disappear. Fascinating times.
Banana Republic if that happens.

I saw it reported that his filing to SCOTUS has the "President is not an Officer" claim, according to the NYT.

The brief’s primary argument was that Section 3 did not apply to Mr. Trump because the president was not among the officials covered by the provision. “The president is not an ‘officer of the United States’ as that term is used in the Constitution,” the brief said.

I saw it reported that his filing to SCOTUS has the "President is not an Officer" claim, according to the NYT.

The brief’s primary argument was that Section 3 did not apply to Mr. Trump because the president was not among the officials covered by the provision. “The president is not an ‘officer of the United States’ as that term is used in the Constitution,” the brief said.
Doesn't the term "Commander in Chief" make the President an officer?

In the event that Trump wins which is looking more likely by the day, could he alter the rules to keep himself in office after 2028 ie a third term ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.