US Politics Thread

As it is I don’t see any way Trump wins. The economy is better. Democracy is on the ballot. Reproductive rights are on the table and there’s no way Trump has more votes than in 2020 and we’ve had 4 more years of what we’re 14-17 year olds get a ballot slip.

I just hope apathetic, led by tweets & social media, voters understand these imperatives, but FUD is the name of the Republican game!

Never underestimate the stoopidity of the American voter!

Traitors.

That‘s it from me. Put Ukraine in a position where they fought for their lives whilst losing many. Now they drop to their knees and allow Ukrainians die as their ugly messiah calls the shots from the sidelines.

Still can’t understand how we, the UK, still align ourselves with the US. We’re a wee-person on the grand scale of things, that’s what we need to understand, as we are on our own as the world shifts.

We’ve been out-checked.

Traitors.

That‘s it from me. Put Ukraine in a position where they fought for their lives whilst losing many. Now they drop to their knees and allow Ukrainians die as their ugly messiah calls the shots from the sidelines.

Still can’t understand how we, the UK, still align ourselves with the US. We’re a wee-person on the grand scale of things, that’s what we need to understand, as we are on our own as the world shifts.

We’ve been out-checked.
Ye the special relationship bollocks seems to work one way, always reminds me of that scene in Love Actually where Grant stands up to Thornton basically saying they are bullies, he had a point. I always used to think aligning with them was good but these days I just think fuck it enough is enough.

Left Wing Click Bait?
==================

Numerous left-wing news outlets are reporting that Kari Lake was booed at an on-stage Republican event where she forced the ouster of Jeff DeWit, the Arizona GOP Chair, after revealing (possibly edited) tapes, where DeWit seemed to be offering Lake a bribe if she declined to run for Senate.

For example:

Left unsaid, was the cause for booing. The implication that Kari was being booed as an election denier was either suggested or was left open in numerous reports.

However, it seems to me that it's extremely unlikely that Kari was being booed for being an election denier. Indeed, the candidate Kari backed to replace the ousted chair - Gina Swoboda - is herself, a through-and-through MAGA election denier and was endorsed by Trump.

My take - this is an egregious case of lazy journalism and it seems to me, intentionally lazy. The at-fault outlets seem over-eager to attract left wing/moderate views by offering false hope that Arizona Republicans are booing Kari because she claims that Trump won in 2020. What seems much more likely to me, is that Kari simply isn't popular and moreover that the ousted DeWit is.

The above take is speculative on my part - but is the best sense I can make absent thorough journalism.

Last edited:
I just hope apathetic, led by tweets & social media, voters understand these imperatives, but FUD is the name of the Republican game!

Never underestimate the stoopidity of the American voter!
Also this will be the first proper election after generative AI has become widely available. The amount of misinformation targeted at key voters will be off the charts.

Maga’s latest conspiracy theory:
The Superbowl is fixed in favour of Kansas, so that Taylor Swift and her bf who plays for KC can appear afterwards and declare for Biden.
YCNMIU

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.