US Politics Thread

Where are your army of arbiters bringing fake news to book? It isn't going to happen, it just isn't feasible.

From time to time I watch the senate meetings to decide nominees etc for lifetime appointments and the amount of skulduggery on display is astounding, it's pure theatre it's an abomination how the candidates weasel their way out of questions posed to them (This isn't just a US problem it's democracies in general).

Accept we don't really live in a utopian democracy and never will but take the small wins or we will end up living in an autocracy where decisions are rights are removed and decisions made for us.
>> Where are your army of arbiters bringing fake news to book?
Really? Are you out of your mind? Just listen to any far Right so-called news outlets. Hell, often Fox "News" engages in this.

Currently this sort of fake reporting is somewhat easy to identify through critical thinking - absent regulation - in about 5-years time - AI will enhance fake posts to the extent that what's true versus what's false is completely unknown.

>> From time to time I watch the senate meetings to decide nominees etc for lifetime appointments and the amount of skulduggery on display is astounding, it's pure theatre it's an abomination how the candidates weasel their way out of questions posed to them (This isn't just a US problem it's democracies in general).
Agree. So, how do you parse truth from falsehood in these debates?

>> Accept we don't really live in a utopian democracy and never will but take the small wins or we will end up living in an autocracy where decisions are rights are removed and decisions made for us.
I'm not for utopia. I'm simply pointing out that if truth is indistinguishable from lies then random decisions will be made. Don't vaccinate. Don't try to curb climate change. And so on. To the detriment of society.

>> Where are your army of arbiters bringing fake news to book?
Really? Are you out of your mind? Just listen to any far Right so-called news outlets. Hell, often Fox "News" engages in this.

>> From time to time I watch the senate meetings to decide nominees etc for lifetime appointments and the amount of skulduggery on display is astounding, it's pure theatre it's an abomination how the candidates weasel their way out of questions posed to them (This isn't just a US problem it's democracies in general).
Agree. So, how do you parse truth from falsehood in these debates?

>> Accept we don't really live in a utopian democracy and never will but take the small wins or we will end up living in an autocracy where decisions are rights are removed and decisions made for us.
I'm not for utopia. I'm simply pointing out that if truth is indistinguishable from lies then random decisions will be made. Don't vaccinate. Don't try to curb climate change. And so on. To the detriment of society.

I'm actually agreeing with you, but there isn't a way out of it without a supreme leader making all the decisions and actually deciding.

Binary decisions like..

Vaccinate or not
Climate change or not

When the anti or pro factions of both these debates get together you get lies and dog shit wrapped as truth.

I'm actually agreeing with you, but there isn't a way out of it without a supreme leader making all the decisions and actually deciding.

Binary decisions like..

Vaccinate or not
Climate change or not

When the anti or pro factions of both these debates get together you get lies and dog shit wrapped as truth.
I think that there is a way.

I think that it's possible to elect/appoint a truth verification board or some such. And that this board is in charge of flagging posts as truthful or not. Cryptography and traceability of whom is posting will also be key of course.

If I'm wrong - then we're totally fucked.

I think that there is a way.

I think that it's possible to elect/appoint a truth verification board or some such. And that this board is in charge of flagging posts as truthful or not. Cryptography and traceability of whom is posting will also be key of course.

If I'm wrong - then we're totally fucked.

I watched Clinton get beaten by Trump and the media in the US and here lied time and time again to the point they must have either been delusional or were trying to circumvent democracy and these were the main channels over there and here.

Brexit wont happen either, it was so much of a formality that Farage went to bed thinking it was an annihilation because the media were so sure or lied so convincingly that the public didn't stand a chance.

Same thing happening in America right now with the orange gimp having a say and I wouldn't be surprised if he won whilst Maddow and the talk show twits just come out with the same old shit calling half of America racists.

I agree with you and hope you are right mate, but with this set of politicians and media we don't stand much of a chance.

This post seems to be more than a bit misleading - as if Biden supports genocide of Palestinians.

Israel is a longstanding ally of the US and the Hamas attack on Israel was rightly met with condemnation and subsequent arms support. What's transpired since is that Netanyahu has engaged in an indiscriminate attack on Palestinians. This clearly isn't going to win anything other than perhaps support for Netanyahu among hard line Israelis.

Biden is caught in a fucking political mess. He's tried to push back on Netanyahu but that's risky - politically in the US and in terms of long term diplomatic relations with Isreal.

It's a fucking mess.

Biden is, IMO, doing about the best he can.
===
Edit:
And Haley is a fucking opportunist. Just how far her morals - such as they are - can be stretched in support of her career remains to be seen. At the very least, Haley is willing to endorse Trump as President - she stated that she'll vote for Trump. This in spite of her close contact and knowledge of Trump due to her role as UN Ambassador under his rule.
Biden is complicit in the Genocide. There is absolutely no two ways about that. I've told you before it's nearly 90% of the Democrat base are telling him to fuckin stop. He won't. In fact his Two spokesmen in the latest press conferences have been strengthening the USA's support in more bombs/missiles being delivered to Israel regardless of the latest massacres in Rafah. Most reporters in the room were asking about dead children and charred bodies and not one fuck was given.

I honestly think he's no chance now come November. The guy is a fuckin Monster

I watched Clinton get beaten by Trump and the media in the US and here lied time and time again to the point they must have either been delusional or were trying to circumvent democracy and these were the main channels over there and here.

Brexit wont happen either, it was so much of a formality that Farage went to bed thinking it was an annihilation because the media were so sure or lied so convincingly that the public didn't stand a chance.

Same thing happening in America right now with the orange gimp having a say and I wouldn't be surprised if he won whilst Maddow and the talk show twits just come out with the same old shit calling half of America racists.

I agree with you and hope you are right mate, but with this set of politicians and media we don't stand much of a chance.
If the foxes are in charge of the hen house, then chickens will die. Let's just hope that the chickens are wise to this, come to power, and take effective steps to thwart the foxes.

Biden is complicit in the Genocide. There is absolutely no two ways about that. I've told you before it's nearly 90% of the Democrat base are telling him to fuckin stop. He won't. In fact his Two spokesmen in the latest press conferences have been strengthening the USA's support in more bombs/missiles being delivered to Israel regardless of the latest massacres in Rafah. Most reporters in the room were asking about dead children and charred bodies and not one fuck was given.

I honestly think he's no chance now come November. The guy is a fuckin Monster
Disagree for reasons previously stated. I just hope you're wrong about the November election.

FWIW - Biden is pushing back against Netanyahu - not nearly as forcefully as you would want - nor me for that matter.

If you're a total cynic (I think you are) - I guess you overlook the fact that it would be political suicide domestly to abandon Israel.

And too - it would be internationally dangerous to do so.

I think Biden is steering the best course he can. Push back on Netanyahu - push for peace - but gently, gently so.

Disagree for reasons previously stated. I just hope you're wrong about the November election.

FWIW - Biden is pushing back against Netanyahu - not nearly as forcefully as you would want - nor me for that matter.

If you're a total cynic (I think you are) - I guess you overlook the fact that it would be political suicide domestly to abandon Israel.

And too - it would be internationally dangerous to do so.

I think Biden is steering the best course he can. Push back on Netanyahu - push for peace - but gently, gently so.
I've just watched umpteen reporters saying the rest of the world is on a different path to the USA, as are the ICJ Court recommendations. All what came back was. We will continue to support Israel with weapons and we don't believe what the courts are doing. No red line has been crossed and then Hamas Hamas and Hamas.

Was watching the latest Young turks clip and they are in no doubt Biden has totally lost all the young voters.

I've just watched umpteen reporters saying the rest of the world is on a different path to the USA, as are the ICJ Court recommendations. All what came back was. We will continue to support Israel with weapons and we don't believe what the courts are doing. No red line has been crossed and then Hamas Hamas and Hamas.

Was watching the latest Young turks clip and they are in no doubt Biden has totally lost all the young voters.

How are the ICJ going to bring Hamas to justice? Watching the Young Turks clips is where you are going wrong, as for calling Biden a monster that's just ridiculous.

Echo chambers working well again I see.

How are the ICJ going to bring Hamas to justice? Watching the Young Turks clips is where you are going wrong, as for calling Biden a monster that's just ridiculous.

Echo chambers working well again I see.
He's supplying bombs that are killing children. Thousands of them. Israel is committing Genocide with those bombs and Biden just keeps sending more. It seems a huge percentage of the American public aren't happy their taxpayer money is going to murder Children in huge numbers.

Biden is a fuckin monster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.