US Politics Thread

We are talking about an exception to the rule here, even then there are only two sexes to choose from. They are not waking up one morning thinking they are something other than what they are in reality.

If you're a Glen but want to be called Glenda then that's fine, just don't expect other people to join in on your delusion.

People who change their name should expect to be addressed by that name. It is common courtesy. For example, a woman changes her surname to her husbands because she wishes to be addressed as such. That is her choice and should be respected. To deliberately misname her would be rude.

People who change their name should expect to be addressed by that name. It is common courtesy. For example, a woman changes her surname to her husbands because she wishes to be addressed as such. That is her choice and should be respected. To deliberately misname her would be rude.

There shouldn't be a law forcing someone to call a man a woman or a he a she, it's rude expecting people to observe what is a fantasy based on someone's mental health.

If you want to do it Bob then crack on, it doesn't mean that your acquiescence is the norm.

Serious trouble brewing. Websites allied to Maga and other right wing causes are now calling for violence against the judge, the DA and the jury. One site has published what it thinks is the DA’s address and another the addresses purportedly of some jurors. This endangers not just those involved but completely other people whose addresses have been erroneously published.
And what are Maga politicians doing? So far, nothing. The one Republican who spoke against this has been removed as the candidate.
Republican politicians need to speak out en masse to stop this.
Incidently, it raises the chances of Trump being immediately incarcerated as a dangerous person irrespective of any appeal.
This is madness.

Serious trouble brewing. Websites allied to Maga and other right wing causes are now calling for violence against the judge, the DA and the jury. One site has published what it thinks is the DA’s address and another the addresses purportedly of some jurors. This endangers not just those involved but completely other people whose addresses have been erroneously published.
And what are Maga politicians doing? So far, nothing. The one Republican who spoke against this has been removed as the candidate.
Republican politicians need to speak out en masse to stop this.
Incidently, it raises the chances of Trump being immediately incarcerated as a dangerous person irrespective of any appeal.
This is madness.
It also will make future prosecutions much more problematic. Who’s going to volunteer to be on a jury when they may have to go into the equivalent of a witness protection programme if they find Trump guilty.

There shouldn't be a law forcing someone to call a man a woman or a he a she, it's rude expecting people to observe what is a fantasy based on someone's mental health.

If you want to do it Bob then crack on, it doesn't mean that your acquiescence is the norm.

I am in no position to apply snap mental health judgements on anyone, so, accepting someone’s wish to be called by a different name, or identify as a different sex is at the very least good manners. I don’t have to understand what they are experiencing to know that being a dick towards them is unwarranted.

To be honest, I think in reality you would do the same.

It's following the same path. Moving from taboo/illegal to a medical condition, then a lifestyle choice and ultimately social acceptability.
Paedophilia is now edging towards the same route. Personally I'm hoping bestiality is next.
Better not be!

It's not fun if it's made legal...

I am in no position to apply snap mental health judgements on anyone, so, accepting someone’s wish to be called by a different name, or identify as a different sex is at the very least good manners. I don’t have to understand what they are experiencing to know that being a dick towards them is unwarranted.

To be honest, I think in reality you would do the same.

That's probably unlikely. He denied Brianna Ghey that courtesy when her murder trial was discussed on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.