US Politics Thread

Is it now OK to talk about Biden being unfit for such a big job?

Not his fault, time waits for no man but he shouldn't be anywhere near running for President.

Feel for the guy.
That’s the thing, I don’t think he’s unfit at all. The job of President is not debates, it’s not speeches, it’s not campaigning, it’s making the right decisions when presented with the options by the smartest people in the country.

His record shows he’s rather good at that, but that doesn’t mean Americans will elect him. As someone else mentioned, Trump lied in a strong voice and Biden talked truths in a frail voice and Americans like boombast. FDR would never get elected in the US in modern times.

Good God what a sorry state of affairs the USA have got themselves into.

Leaders of the western World who can only come up with these two candidates for their highest office.

A 78 year old philandering con-man and loveable old 81 year old who is showing signs of senility.

If I was a voter I would have to go for the younger man as the other candidate might not last the course.

As is customary to say in that country "I pray for you all".

If I was a voter I would have to go for the younger man as the other candidate might not last the course.
Seen a lot of your posts on different subjects (City, trams. FOCs, life in general) and there've been thoughtful ones, interesting ones and funny ones - so I'm surprised by (let me be polite here) HOW FUCKING STUPID THIS IS!

Are you still sure about this ?
I would have been if Biden had performed as I expected him to (ie with the same verve he showed at the state of the union a few months back), now I’m deeply worried because appearances are pretty much everything in the US and whilst he grew into the debate, he started out very very badly and played up to the caricature of Sleepy Joe that the GoP have painted him as for five years.

His team have let him down very badly, it was they who pushed for these debates. He missed so many lay ups (abortion, immigration, Jan 6th) and let Trump just bullshit his way through it. There are a dozen Dems I could mention that would have destroyed Trump last night but Biden didn’t.

What’s annoying is that Trump lied through his teeth at every opportunity but the media don’t even bother mentioning it now because it’s expected. If Trump gets in then I’m leaving every social media platform and burying my head in the sand for four years.

Seen a lot of your posts on different subjects (City, trams. FOCs, life in general) and there've been thoughtful ones, interesting ones and funny ones - so I'm surprised by (let me be polite here) HOW FUCKING STUPID THIS IS!
Sorry if I have upset you, to be perfectly frank I don’t think I could vote for either. Is there anybody else on the ballot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.