US Politics Thread

Trumps plan 2025 includes, in his own words, allowing Russia to do whatever Putin wishes in Europe after US has withdrawn from NATO.
Mythological Minsk agreement …..find it and post a ref. Bet you can’t.
Pro Russian president of Ukraine was not democratically elected.
Where does this total ignorance come from?
>> Where does this total ignorance come from?
Unfortunately, each of Pappa P's talking points are precisely what Trump and Fox News and the entire right-wing news ecosystem are saying. Pappa P believes (assuming that his account represents a real person) what he posts and there's no chance whatsoever of convincing him otherwise.

The young aren’t going to get fired up by anything. Just as before, and for months, no one has an alternative that can beat Trump unless it’s Whitmer. That’s the problem. If Biden’s toast, so are the Democrats I think. Trump is going to eviscerate Newsom; I keep saying “You don’t know how Californians are perceived by the rest of the nation” but I do and Newsom is the poster child example of a limousine liberal.
Newsom would eviscerate Trump, because he’s been practicing his talking points for years! Newsom wanted 28, but he’s going to have to take 24 and bring Whitmer with him!

In short, he’s smart, can debate anyone on the issues, looks the part and is Governor of the 5th largest economy in the world. Trump can talk about CA problems, but the Governor isn’t the legislature or the Mayor, he is the Chief Executive charged with carrying out the Legislature’s wishes and managing the economy.

CA might not love him, but CA isn’t going red anytime soon. Get him in the second debate and he chews up Trump and spits him out for fun!

He’s not afraid to not only call out Trump’s lies, but to tell the world the truth about the lie, because he’s extremely well-versed on the issues.

I don’t love any politician, but I have a serious man crush on Newdom, because I really, really want to restore knowledge and command of the issues to the Oval Office.

Right now, it appears we have a feeble-minded geriatric who remembers some of the policies he’s responsible for vs a feeble-minded geriatric liar who couldn’t name a policy position if his life depended on it.

How the fuck did we get ourselves into this ridiculous position?

TWO MASSIVE FUCKING EGOS THAT HAVE PUT THEMSELVES WAY OUT IN FRONT OF THE COUNTRY’S NEEDS!

I always knew this of Trump, but it has pissed me off to watch this from Biden, when he knows full well he looks like a recovering burn patient that has been released to hospice care, but likes to get out every now and then.

In his own words, I can only say to him, “Come on, man!”

Newsom would eviscerate Trump, because he’s been practicing his talking points for years! Newsom wanted 28, but he’s going to have to take 24 and bring Whitmer with him!

In short, he’s smart, can debate anyone on the issues, looks the part and is Governor of the 5th largest economy in the world. Trump can talk about CA problems, but the Governor isn’t the legislature or the Mayor, he is the Chief Executive charged with carrying out the Legislature’s wishes and managing the economy.

CA might not love him, but CA isn’t going red anytime soon. Get him in the second debate and he chews up Trump and spits him out for fun!

He’s not afraid to not only call out Trump’s lies, but to tell the world the truth about the lie, because he’s extremely well-versed on the issues.

I don’t love any politician, but I have a serious man crush on Newdom, because I really, really want to restore knowledge and command of the issues to the Oval Office.

Right now, it appears we have a feeble-minded geriatric who remembers some of the policies he’s responsible for vs a feeble-minded geriatric liar who couldn’t name a policy position if his life depended on it.

TWO MASSIVE FUCKING EGOS THAT HAVE PUT THEMSELVES WAY OUT IN FRONT OF THE COUNTRY’S NEEDS!

I always knew this of Trump, but it has pissed me off to watch this from Biden, when he knows full well he looks like a recovering burn patient that has been released to hospice care, but likes to get out every now and then.

The mere fact that a candidate is from CA plays right into the Right's "woke" narrative. @FogBlueInSanFran's point is well taken.

Facing Trump in a debate, Newsome would perform very well, but Trump would simply lie, lie, lie. Newsome would fact-check Trump, but then Trump would simply continue lying. Post debate, the Right would proclaim - and actually believe - that Trump kicked Newsome's *ss.

However - and this is the important point - Newsome would come across as very presidential, someone undecided voters could trust to run the country. Biden, on the other hand - although I like his policies and decision making as a leader - just comes across as an old man; the undecided voter is going to be turned off by this.

This discussion I think is moot as I doubt that Biden will step down.

But FWIW I do like Newsome and given Thursday's debacle I think he'd have a better chance of beating Trump than Biden.

The Democrats should have found ages ago some loud, obnoxious hillbilly redneck warhero cowboy who was crazy into guns but favoured controls, who was super religious but was very clearly not going to put religion above rights and facts, who was loudly anti-illegal immigration but in a sensible way humane way, who was openly sceptical of climate change fanaticism but was determined to address the real threats and get the US on track with environmental policies, who had no black connections but valued fairness and addressing the clear bias in America, who wanted to help the rural communities, who wanted to help the poor communities, etc, etc.

Essentially the Democrats should have put forward a moderate Republican who differed from Trump only in terms of not being literally crazy and a stooge of the mega rich.

Get Kevin Costner in there ffs.

California obviously loves him enough; he’s the Governor! I’m talking about how he’s perceived nationwide simply because of where he’s from. Everywhere I go when I tell people I live in San Francisco the first question I get is “Is it really as bad as they say?” That’s because the nationwide narrative, mostly conservative but also independent and liberal is that SF = 70s NYC = post-steel industry shut down PIT = 30s Chicago = 10s Flint, MI. I know better, you know better (I think?) but the PERCEPTION is that CA is a fucking disaster, a failed state, France without the positives of France, not a success, especially San Francisco where he was mayor.

I don’t think Trump will have a problem selling himself against this man, because he wouldn’t be running against a man, but against the national, non-denominational perception of the place he’s from and all he knows. And Trump won’t EVER debate him.

I don’t think Newsom is your savio(u)r, Captain — not against Trump on an emergency basis, at any rate. Maybe in 28 after he’s termed out in CA and has a chance to polish his knowledge base and rep.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.