US Politics Thread

• Neither of those things are true.

1. Russia didn't attack Ukraine on Trump's watch.

2. Trump had presidential privilege to have classified material.

Can you not see you're being manipulated by the media and frivolous non important issues.

WW3 is coming....wake up
    1. A total non sequitur. Nothing can be inferred from that statement although you may ponder exactly why Trump called Putin "savvy" and "a genius" when Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump has been Putin's puppet and useful idiot for years. Re-check Trump's shameful performance at the Helsinki summit in 2018 when he backed Russia's intelligence services over his own and said Russia wasn't responsible for the deadly Novichok attack in Salisbury.

• 2. Trump had no legal authority to have access to those documents, let alone steal them, the moment he left office. The Presidential Records Act states unequivocally, "Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office". That's why Trump has been speciifically charged with wilful retention, obstruction of an official investigation and making false statements (aka repeatedly lying).

• The only ones being manipulated by the right wing media and Trump's blatant non-stop lies are his MAGA goobers and fact starved acolytes like you.

• 1. A total non sequitur. Nothing can be inferred from that statement although you may ponder exactly why Trump called Putin "savvy" and "a genius" when Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump has been Putin's puppet and useful idiot for years. Re-check Trump's shameful performance at the Helsinki summit in 2018 when he backed Russia's intelligence services over his own and said Russia wasn't responsible for the deadly Novichok attack in Salisbury.

• 2. Trump had no legal authority to have access to those documents, let alone steal them, the moment he left office. The Presidential Records Act states unequivocally, "Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office". That's why Trump has been speciifically charged with wilful retention, obstruction of an official investigation and making false statements (aka repeatedly lying).

• The only ones being manipulated by the right wing media and Trump's blatant non-stop lies are his MAGA goobers and fact starved acolytes like you.
I was going to say "harsh but fair" but I will stick at fair.

CNN 's Smerconish and NYT publicly saying he must step down. I think it will gain traction sooner rather than later. Lose the battle to win the war with a contested convention
If Biden isn’t the candidate, I suspect Democrats lose the White House. I don’t see how anyone can mount a credible and successful mayoral or House, let alone a Presidential, campaign in only four months.

And after that performance, maybe they do anyhow, since it did the one thing — the ONE thing — Democrats couldn’t afford — give anti-Trump and traditional blue voters an excuse to stay home on Election Day. And that also has bad implications for House and Senate races.

CNN 's Smerconish and NYT publicly saying he must step down. I think it will gain traction sooner rather than later. Lose the battle to win the war with a contested convention

The dems pushed for this early debate on purpose I reckon to test the water and see how he did before it’s too late.

They have their answer.

Time for a dignified retirement. If he steps aside now he’ll be remembered as the man who kicked Trump out and for one of the longest serving and most decorated public servants in American history and be given the biggest round of applause imaginable. Nothing wrong with putting your slippers on in your 80s!

His mrs needs to do the right thing and have a word.

If Biden isn’t the candidate, I suspect Democrats lose the White House. I don’t see how anyone can mount a credible and successful mayoral or House, let alone a Presidential, campaign in only four months.

And after that performance, maybe they do anyhow, since it did the one thing — the ONE thing — Democrats couldn’t afford — give anti-Trump and traditional blue voters an excuse to stay home on Election Day. And that also has bad implications for House and Senate races.
The slice of the electorate he needs are saying overwhelmingly he's done and that he won't last 4 months let alone 4 years.
They say it remorsefully and respectfully.
A contested convention will not only create a new dynamic but will totally suck all the oxygen out of the Trump campaign. Additionally it could fire up the young vote.
Insiders in the DNC are now openly breaking their wall of silence. I also think Jill Biden will have a say in this. She literally had to wheel him off Thursday night. It must be killing her seeing him go through this.
I think there's plenty of time still but the decision can't be put off much longer

If Biden isn’t the candidate, I suspect Democrats lose the White House.

And after that performance, maybe do anyhow, since it did the one thing — the ONE thing — Democrats couldn’t afford — give anti-Trump and traditional blue voters an excuse to stay home on Election Day.
The Democrats have tried too hard to convince the electorate that Biden is the only plausible candidate to defeat Trump, yet exposing Trump's evident deficiencies is insufficient; I agree, a voter needs to be inspired to vote for something not simply against something. Any compos mentis opponent would have destroyed Trump, but yesterday's sabre rattling to the faithful and party endorsements suggests nothing has been learned. Presidential hubris is not new, of course, but this is the first time I can think of where both parties almost feel as if they are secondary concerns. Unless things change by and in Chicago, September 10th could be just as painful to watch.

The slice of the electorate he needs are saying overwhelmingly he's done and that he won't last 4 months let alone 4 years.
They say it remorsefully and respectfully.
A contested convention will not only create a new dynamic but will totally suck all the oxygen out of the Trump campaign. Additionally it could fire up the young vote.
Insiders in the DNC are now openly breaking their wall of silence. I also think Jill Biden will have a say in this. She literally had to wheel him off Thursday night. It must be killing her seeing him go through this.
I think there's plenty of time still but the decision can't be put off much longer
They stick with Biden and its a crushing defeat, that's near certain now. Change him and that person then becomes favourite too topple Trump.

The Democrats have tried too hard to convince the electorate that Biden is the only plausible candidate to defeat Trump, yet exposing Trump's evident deficiencies is insufficient; I agree, a voter needs to be inspired to vote for something not simply against something. Any compos mentis opponent would have destroyed Trump, but yesterday's sabre rattling to the faithful and party endorsements suggests nothing has been learned. Presidential hubris is not new, of course, but this is the first time I can think of where both parties almost feel as if they are secondary concerns. Unless things change by and in Chicago, September 10th could be just as painful to watch.
The reason they’ve tried to convince people of that is because in 2020 it was true. Trump is so uniquely dangerous that inspiration was not needed — fear of his re-election was all. But now who are you going to stand up against Trump who will galvaniz(s)e and inspire the electorate? I’ve already said this and it’s water under the bridge but In 21 I said Biden should announce he’ll be a one-term President — and for a little bit I actually thought he would — so that this age scenario could be avoided. Now it’s a Catch-22.

There’s no clear Democratic candidate who can beat Trump I don’t think with no time or money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.