US Politics Thread

So let me get this right, Trump could go on national TV and say as president I’ve order the culling of all of congress they will be taken out and shot, because he he thinks they are planning a coup, he is above prosecuting because it’s an official order!

Debate, question, engage.

Paradox of tolerance. You can’t extend a policy of engaging in good faith towards a group of people who have no desire to engage in good faith. Tolerating a group who define themselves by their intolerance. History shows it doesn’t work and when you’re at this stage it’s already probably too late. Their mind is made up.

We can sit here debating and philosophising over the negatives of actions like this which are overtly anti-democratic. We can reach out to change minds. Try to connect with people and understand the underlying concerns that have led to such a situation. People have been trying to do that for many years already. Ultimately, if what Republicans want is a totalitarian state, then the people voting for one are not going to listen to those saying otherwise. There is no “correct” thing to do in this situation.

I don’t think anybody seriously thinks Biden is going to roll out Seal Team 6. All we can really do at this stage is hope there’s enough good people in the right places to stop the worst from happening. The time for engaging and educating to prevent democracy from deteriorating passed the USA by decades ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.