US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

Possibly, but what has changed after the shooting, with "everybody" saying "That's it now". Not sure I am getting it, other than as a knee-jerk reaction.
Agree. And what affect will it have on him. He's been going nuts for a wile now. He's had part of his ear shot off by one of his own fans. How is he going to cope mentally.

Yep, still no link with the Nazis providenced anywhere. Keep trying.

Maybe you missed the sentence that began with this (I wasn't disagreeing with you):

'I also don't think Trump is a Nazi....'

The Nazis were anti-democratic. Trump at least pays some kind of lip service to democracy (though his promotion of the baseless 'Big Lie' conspiracy theory following the 2020 election suggests that his relationship with that system is tenuous to say the least).

Also, populists like Trump imagine that they are expressing the will of the people.

Contrastingly, Nazis/fascists are authoritarians who don't trust the vox populi.

I think it is far from over.

But this will lead to quite a few shifts, most unfortunately aiding Trump and his MAGA movement, which is what I think most are alluding to, rather than the election actually being already won by him.
Unfortunately this has given him the perfect platform to present himself as the hero/victim which I suspect is more comfortable for him than discussing policy or his personal failings.

Unfortunately this has given him the perfect platform to present himself as the hero/victim which I suspect is more comfortable for him than discussing policy or his personal failings.

We are at the stage where someone gets shot and then gets criticised for playing the victim.

Maybe you missed the sentence that began with this (I wasn't disagreeing with you):

'I also don't think Trump is a Nazi....'

The Nazis were anti-democratic. Trump at least pays some kind of lip service to democracy (though his promotion of the baseless 'Big Lie' conspiracy theory following the 2020 election suggests that his relationship with that system is tenuous to say the least).

Also, populists like Trump imagine that they are expressing the will of the people.

Contrastingly, Nazis/fascists are authoritarians who don't trust the vox populi.

I suspect most people would struggle to define what a Nazi is.

I think Trump is more an imperialist
- emperors lived by being popular and having enough people behind them, or the right people. I think he sees a system which re-elects the incumbent as very acceptable.
- He'll certainly choose the next Republican if he wins and expect to pull the strings. He's got a relative in charge of the party, so if he likes the idea of a dynasty, that's eminently doable - the only problem appears to be that his kids don't seem to have anything appealing about them.
- He's vengeful and I don't think there's any doubt that he won't go after perceived 'enemies'.
- He definitely likes making money for himself, and enriching those who will sustain his power.

He will doubtless talk repeatedly of a third term, but that seems all but impossible to force through, and any attempt to do so would get a backlash in elections to come which would prevent it.
I don't know how Congress is looking for after the elections.

I think he's learnt a bit from why he lost the last time and isn't making so many actions that annoy people. If things like abortion don't motivate votes for Biden, he doesn't need to be as OTT as he was four years ago.

That would be the man who preferred soldiers who didn't get captured.

Maybe "Only losers get shot..."
I think this is the biggest boost for Trump out of all this. It takes out the whole narrative about him being a draft dodger, as he took a bullet for the people of America!
They tried to get him with "lawfare" and now they are trying to get him any way they can. He is a true hero of America/the working man/MAGA (delete as appropriate)
It's the deep state at work of course!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.