US Politics Thread

View attachment 126717

For all the “strict Constitutionalists” who seem to not only love quoting the Founding Fathers, but who also believe America was, is, and always should be a Christian Nationalist haven!

Bit curious. Is Thomas Paine — a personal hero of mine, by the way, and also of Trevor Griffiths, a fine playwright (and a lifelong blue) who recently passed away — really considered to be a Founding Father? It's the first I knew of it.

This is wildly at variance with every other recent poll I've read. Reputable polls show Trump and Harris in a virtual tie, with Harris perhaps 1% ahead, well within the margin of error.

And for those who follow betting odds:

Finally, podcasts whom I trust, e.g., The Bulwark, all state that Trump is favorite to win at the present time... but now with Harris running, Democrats have a good chance.

This is wildly at variance with every other recent poll I've read. Reputable polls show Trump and Harris in a virtual tie, with Harris perhaps 1% ahead, well within the margin of error.

And for those who follow betting odds:

Finally, podcasts whom I trust, e.g., The Bulwark, all state that Trump is favorite to win at the present time... but now with Harris running, Democrats have a good chance.

Presumably the Washington is D.C. which may explain the numbers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.