US Politics Thread

Pfff, not a cat in sight.
He's moved onto geese now.

I wouldn't tangle with a wild goose, even if I was really hungry and it were a cultural delicacy. Especially those Canadian geese. Imagine a nation full of the most polite people on the planet, but the goose named after their country is literally the biggest **** in the avian world.

Wait . . . what were we talking about?

If I was a betting man my money would definitely be on Harris now. Trump doesn't seem able to figure out how to handle her. Biden's decision to withdraw was exactly what the Democrats needed.

A question for our US members; if the Democrats could see that Joe Biden wasn't up to this next election and quickly removed him to their huge advantage, what is the supposed reason for the Republicans keeping Trump in?
Trump today, is in better mental and physical shape than Joe Biden was in in 2019. The Democrats didn't think it sensible to remove him then. So I see no reason why you should expect Republicans to remove Trump now.

Besides, unlike the Democrats who installed Joe (to avoid a Bernie win), the Republicans didn't install Trump. Trump is the Bernie of Conservatives... But unlike Bernie, he has actually won.

Forget about any conspiracies, forget about MAGA for a minute; what is the fundamental reason for Trump being the nomination?
There is this thing called an election. They had it for Republicans and Trump won. I know the savers of Democracy may not be so big on elections. But it's kinda important.

I'm looking for a reason why "normal" GOP members would look at Trump and say, "Yep, he is the best chance we've got".
Because he won. He is.

Even long before last night's debate, listening to him at the rallies talk about windmills and boats and sharks and electrocution and Hannibal Lecter, etc; how can members not see that this is a sorry demise (of himself and the Party) and isn't going to win the hearts and minds of the regular Joe Shmo?

Why do the likes of Haley, Cruz, McConnell and Graham simply bow down to him?
They are less popular. And unlike Biden who is far gone, they can't threaten the 25th and stage a coup.

What is the underlying reason?

Or is it quite simply about MAGA and, "Yep, he is the ONLY thing we have and we have nothing better"?
Its kinda how elections work. Everyone competes and the winner represents the party.

But I understand how this might be confusing seeing as Democrats much more prefer installing their leaders against the will of their voters.

As I've said before, dems and reps hold themselves to different standards.

Fox News and newsmax will be happy to confirm Trump as the winner of that debate as in their world view, what he said was better. The fact he lied will be ignored. If dems lie they call each other out and don't wait for the media to take the lead.

There is however a consequence to that. Biden had a bad debate and he was effectively although politely asked to stand aside. The gop doesn't have that kind of capability. They just drink more of the koolaid.
Lol. It was a palace coup. Biden did not want to step down. He hates all of them. Kamala, Pelosi, the Obama's. All of them.

He wore a fucking Trump 2024 hat as a joke FFS! That was simply his anger spilling.

I'd bet money he wants Harris to lose. He just can't say it. He can't stand the Lord of them.

Yes, he is in mental decline but they stole his campaign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.