US Politics Thread

This is a literal summary of the entire GOP -- its platform, its people, its contempt for others, its intellectual dishonesty, its disregard for the national interest -- in a single exchange from last night.

Note that every roach who infests these threads who supports or excuses them argues like this -- all of them.

I prefer to look to the future, not the past. But first instead of answering your question I'll look to the past and ask you a question about Harris.

You are cloaking the US Presidential Election Debates in things it was never going to be. The person who states the most facts doesn’t win. Truisms don’t count!

It’s about energizing people by telling them what you think they want to hear! Americans, far and wide, ARE LIKE TRUMP…they want to hear they’re good, the others are bad, someone is out there trying to fix that, and you are being heard by us, because we ARE you, we SHARE your grievances! Let me tell you what’s wrong with the other guy and what he’s done to you…and you can lie through your teeth, because the vast majority of the electorate is too damned busy to know facts from lies, or the intricacies of the issue. They want black and white!

Foreigners bad. Americans good.
Inflation bad. Biden did it. He bad.
Biden is now Kamala. She bad, too!

Crime bad. Immigrants bad. Immigrants and crime bad at same time. Immigrants causing crime. Harris like immigrants. Harris bad.

Guns good. Bad guys use guns for bad. Good people use guns for good. Good guys need guns. Bad guys with guns need to be shot by good guys with guns. Immigrants who commit crimes like guns. Immigrants, crime and criminal immigrants with guns bad. Harris wants to take away good guy guns do only bad guy immigrants have guns. Harris bad.

Americans need a little path they can walk down to feel better about how they feel about issues and Trump & Vance give them the MOST SIMPLISTIC PATH POSSIBLE…no matter how false, full of lies or holes, it might be!

“Did we tell you what you want to hear?
Then, vote for us!”

Lies, half truths and nonsense?
You just can’t trust the MSM, because they’re not on our side and will say anything to stop us!

Simple, efficient, and mainly stupid…but stupid sells in America, as long as you don’t sell it as stupid, but sell it as “we are with you and believe what you believe!”

Hook, line and sinker!

Don’t confuse the average American voter with deep thought. None exists in their busy lives.

Work
Beer
Football
Trucks
Fucking
Guns
America, we’re number 1! Fuck yeah!

There you have it!
You missed out God

Vance has too many skeletons in the closet to be a serious contender imo.

If I'm honest I'd struggle to take any Republican candidate seriously that hasn't disavowed Trump. Burnt by association.

The ones that have disavowed Trump though, instant credibility boost for me.
Whether one avows or disavows Trump is only relevant to people who'd never vote Republican anyway. My general attitude is thT these kinds of positions don't count.

It's like an MSNBC activist trying to describe who an acceptable Republican would be.

Walz humanised Vance in that debate.

Sadly.

He cocked up on his Tianamem Square answer. All he had to say was he misspoke but that's nothing compared with the lies Vance and Trump telling every single day. Walz came across as sticking to script he was given and wasn't allowed to be his usual self. They should have let him play to his strengths not act like another stuffed suit which he came across as.

Vance came across as natural and got all his hits in with very little rebuke.

Thankfully only politics nerds watched this and it will be interesting to see how the socials frame this debate for the people who didn't witness it.
But he didn't misspeak. You can't confuse whether you were in Tianamem or not. He lied, like he has done on multiple occasions. And he consistently lies to puff up his image...

This is just one of many type lies. And he knew the question was coming and still didn't have an answer. Tried to pull the Kamala trick of droning on for 2 minutes about his history like anyone asked. Sadly, for once the moderators didn't let him get away with it and asked the question again...

With all due respect, I am honestly sk(c)eptical that this can possibly be real.

Anyhow, as I think the consensus is Vance won the debate, my view was that as long as Walz didn't cock it up, nothing much would change, and he didn't. But I'm surprised to see some of the post-debate feedback that is more blue-positive. It's almost as if some red/undecided folks are looking for reasons to walk from Trump/Vance.
Or it's just nonsense by propagandists.

Whether one avows or disavows Trump is only relevant to people who'd never vote Republican anyway. My general attitude is thT these kinds of positions don't count.

It's like an MSNBC activist trying to describe who an acceptable Republican would be.
You clearly don't have a lot of faith in the integrity of a lot of Republican leaning people that are voting for Harris.

I'm sure if the next Republican candidate isn't tainted by trumpism many of them will return to the fold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.