US Politics Thread

Any ex-pats here in the USA who regularly get back to the UK with an opportunity to take in the British media’s reporting of US politics ?
I’m not American, nor live in the US, but I have noticed the BBCs reporting seems surreptitiously skewed towards Trump. I thought it might be my bias interpreting it, but again today they have lots of pro trump articles ans one with a big headline saying Harris Dr says she’s ok and a picture of a pretty haggard looking Harris. I’m not sure what there is to gain for BBC but its seems very subliminal.

Reminds me a lot of the Cambridge analytica stuff, just a little more subtle.

I’m not American, nor live in the US, but I have noticed the BBCs reporting seems surreptitiously skewed towards Trump. I thought it might be my bias interpreting it, but again today they have lots of pro trump articles ans one with a big headline saying Harris Dr says she’s ok and a picture of a pretty haggard looking Harris. I’m not sure what there is to gain for BBC but its seems very subliminal.

I’ve lived in the US for almost 25 years, but the BBC is still my go-to for news. You’re dead right that the BBC’s approach to trump this year has been a lot gentler and they’ve been normalizing him as badly as the US media has been. It’s very noticeable and very discouraging.

I’ve lived in the US for almost 25 years, but the BBC is still my go-to for news. You’re dead right that the BBC’s approach to trump this year has been a lot gentler and they’ve been normalizing him as badly as the US media has been. It’s very noticeable and very discouraging.

The reason for my original question is I want to understand different people’s perspectives. Not really bothered about debating the merits/issues of Trump/Harris.

Your comment “….been normalizing him as badly as the US media has been” is very interesting. Everbody knows Fox is ‘team Trump’ in the USA. Are there other broadcasters/publishers in the USA that you feel are ‘easier’ on Trump than they were previously ? and are any of those easier on Trump than Harris ?

The reason for my original question is I want to understand different people’s perspectives. Not really bothered about debating the merits/issues of Trump/Harris.

Your comment “….been normalizing him as badly as the US media has been” is very interesting. Everbody knows Fox is ‘team Trump’ in the USA. Are there other broadcasters/publishers in the USA that you feel are ‘easier’ on Trump than they were previously ? and are any of those easier on Trump than Harris ?
The New York Times, IMO.

The BBC have a problem with trying to achieve balance. This is what causes them to normalise Trump.

I think you are being slightly paranoid. Harris looks great in that pic imho. I'd be more suspicious of the BBC if they filtered and airbrushed her pics like a teenager on Facebook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.