US Politics Thread

Decent numbers of early ballots in for registered Democrats in PA, MI and WI. Already banking what looks like a solid lead, but obviously as Trump has demonised early and mail-in voting, he is reliant on his voters turning up on the day. Therefore hard to read too much into this.

It is interesting how much Trump has managed to tank the early vote for the GOP. There never used to be this disparity between the parties, I just looked at some stats for Virginia and pre-2014, Republicans regularly voted early in greater numbers than Dems.

Decent numbers of early ballots in for registered Democrats in PA, MI and WI. Already banking what looks like a solid lead, but obviously as Trump has demonised early and mail-in voting, he is reliant on his voters turning up on the day. Therefore hard to read too much into this.

It is interesting how much Trump has managed to tank the early vote for the GOP. There never used to be this disparity between the parties, I just looked at some stats for Virginia and pre-2014, Republicans regularly voted early in greater numbers than Dems.

It is also difficult to read too much in to how this will actually impact the election outcome given MAGA groups have already lodged numerous lawsuits in battleground states challenging the validity of mail-in ballot voting and many MAGA governors have curtailed early and mail-in ballot voting, whilst also purging voter rolls for areas that may have significant election day turn out, to suppress likely voter preference, which skews heavily democrat.

He is not going to bend the knee. You wanna know who won and lost the 2020 election? Check who's currently President.

It's an irrelevant question. Just another activist pretending to be a journalist.

Last edited:
It is also difficult to read too much in to how this will actually impact the election outcome given MAGA groups have already lodged numerous lawsuits in battleground states challenging the validity of mail-in ballot voting and many MAGA governors have curtailed early and mail-in ballot voting, whilst also purging voter rolls for areas that may have significant election day turn out, to suppress likely voter preference, which skews heavily democrat.
How many of those Republican efforts have held up in court though?

I've watched a dozen or so appearances by Marc Elias on Brian Tyler Cohen's podcast and my sense is that nearly all of the Republican voter suppression efforts have been overturned, although there were some measures/rules passed in Georgia which will have the effect of slowing the counting of votes.

The reason for my original question is I want to understand different people’s perspectives. Not really bothered about debating the merits/issues of Trump/Harris.

Your comment “….been normalizing him as badly as the US media has been” is very interesting. Everbody knows Fox is ‘team Trump’ in the USA. Are there other broadcasters/publishers in the USA that you feel are ‘easier’ on Trump than they were previously ? and are any of those easier on Trump than Harris ?
CNN has been trying to normalize Trump in an effort to increase audience share. And NBC news had that Ronna McDaniel bullshit going on. Mainstream media is a business and the top execs - it seems - by-in-large just want to make money.

CNN has been trying to normalize Trump in an effort to increase audience share. And NBC news had that Ronna McDaniel bullshit going on. Mainstream media is a business and the top execs - it seems - by-in-large just want to make money.
Surely if America is rejecting trump then it's self defeating for CNN to give him a greater platform in pursuit of a larger audience?
Tbh I'm a little confused by the term 'normalise' in this context. Is any reporting of a candidate other than Kamala now part of a grand conspiracy to facilitate trump? If so, it sounds a bit mental.

How many of those Republican efforts have held up in court though?

I've watched a dozen or so appearances by Marc Elias on Brian Tyler Cohen's podcast and my sense is that nearly all of the Republican voter suppression efforts have been overturned, although there were some measures/rules passed in Georgia which will have the effect of slowing the counting of votes.
Just wait. There are locations where they will do almost anything to NOT certify the vote. By not certifying their vote, the state can’t call the vote…et voila!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.