US Politics Thread

Not sure if Musk wants to run for President. But yeah, Musk is sinking a ton of his money and time into support of Trump.
I can see him branding himself as some sort of anti establishment self-made 'man of the people' while looking after the interests of capitalism and the richest 1%. An ideal candidate in many respects :-(

I can see him branding himself as some sort of anti establishment self-made 'man of the people' while looking after the interests of capitalism and the richest 1%. An ideal candidate in many respects :-(
Yup. He could run if he wants to. And he has the adoration of the Right. Thing is, I don't think he wants to run (I think he said as much... haven't tracked down where he said this though).

I have looked at those who analyse voting and they are convinced that Harris has a big lead in early/postal voting. Good counterpoint to the poles and betting moving in Trump’s direction.

Betting/polls aside - the race for President in the US appears to be tied. In particular, this race remains impossible to call because it (almost certainly) comes down to a how a handful of voters in a small number of swing states will vote - the rest of America has made up its mind and it's up to these few swing state voters. Who knows how these individuals will vote?

Another problem is that the vote is so close that a last-minute news item, however slight, might make all the difference.

I hope (of course) that Harris wins. And I think she probably holds a slight advantage, even now. But who knows? It could easily go either way.

Betting/polls aside - the race for President in the US appears to be tied. In particular, this race remains impossible to call because it (almost certainly) comes down to a how a handful of voters in a small number of swing states will vote - the rest of America has made up its mind and it's now down to these few swing state voters. Who knows how these individuals will vote?

Another problem is that the vote is so close that a last-minute news item, however slight, might make all the difference.

I hope (of course) that Harris wins. And I think she probably holds a slight advantage, even now. But who knows? It could easily go either way.
I think that's right. Any polls without clear bias have it too close to call or any lead either way within what would be an expected margin of error. I suppose for either candidate to attempt anything drastic at this stage would be a huge gamble so I suspect the end of the campaign may be quite dull.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.