US Politics Thread

Government in its purest sense exists to manage the interests and finances of a country, state, county, district, city, town, village, etc. There are many forms of government, some of which benefit the people more than others.

When you have people like Trump and his cronies coming up with policies that are purely transactional in the business sense, and for personal gain then it changes the entire political landscape. If Trump wins the vote in 17 days time, you can forget the people of the country. Trump being elected has never been about public service. He serves nobody who doesn't have something to offer him back.

Government in its purest sense exists to manage the interests and finances of a country, state, county, district, city, town, village, etc. There are many forms of government, some of which benefit the people more than others.

When you have people like Trump and his cronies coming up with policies that are purely transactional in the business sense, and for personal gain then it changes the entire political landscape. If Trump wins the vote in 17 days time, you can forget the people of the country. Trump being elected has never been about public service. He serves nobody who doesn't have something to offer him back.
Like any US politician that climbs the greasy poll that high he is bought and paid for by lobbyists. I suspect his friends are the petrochemical and fracking people from his policy pledges.
The arms dealers are probably backing the other side.

Like any US politician that climbs the greasy poll that high he is bought and paid for by lobbyists. I suspect his friends are the petrochemical and fracking people from his policy pledges.
The arms dealers are probably backing the other side.
The problem with Trump is, his 'lobbyists' appear to be foreign dictators.

The problem with Trump is, his 'lobbyists' appear to be foreign dictators.
I doubt it. I'm sure the US security services would intervene if that were the case. Many of his promises around energy and food/agriculture seem to pander to those sectors so it would seem likely that is where his money is coming from.

I doubt it. I'm sure the US security services would intervene if that were the case. Many of his promises around energy and food/agriculture seem to pander to those sectors so it would seem likely that is where his money is coming from.

I suspect the 7.8 Million Dollars mentioned above is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to foreign influence finding its way into Trump's pocket.

I suspect the 7.8 Million Dollars mentioned above is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to foreign influence finding its way into Trump's pocket.
It's no wonder you suspect that - the editor of article has shoe horned a picture of Putin in there even though Russia is not mentioned. I think the article is meant to make us suspect all sorts. Don't get me wrong, I think trump will cheerfully take a handout from anywhere, but those pulling his strings are much closer to home.

It's no wonder you suspect that - the editor of article has shoe horned a picture of Putin in there even though Russia is not mentioned. I think the article is meant to make us suspect all sorts. Don't get me wrong, I think trump will cheerfully take a handout from anywhere, but those pulling his strings are much closer to home.
Allies of the Russian government own an entire floor in Trump Tower, NY.

If he gets back in office, not only will there be no “better guard rails” put in place, the ones that existed before will either be removed or completely ignored (as he knows there will be no actual consequence to roaming well outside of them).

And, for the record, Trump’s companies (and those of his children) received massive investments from foreign governments during his first term as President, including Russia (through back door loans), Saudi Arabia (via direct land development deals), and China (through sweetheart trademark and licensing deals), among others.

If he gets back in office, not only will there be no “better guard rails” put in place, the ones that existed before will either be removed or completely ignored (as he knows there will be no actual consequence to roaming well outside of them).

And, for the record, Trump’s companies (and those of his children) received massive investments from foreign governments during his first term as President, including Russia (through back door loans), Saudi Arabia (via direct land development deals), and China (through sweetheart trademark and licensing deals), among others.
That’s all nice and dandy, but do the people who vote for him get to make some extra money for themselves or do they just get cheaper eggs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.