US Politics Thread

I think we can (nearly) all agree Russell Brand is a twat. The response to a video of him being posted is predictable, there would be possibly more debate about the apparent points he makes if they were presented by someone else in a different format. Posting videos of Brand and Rogan and getting the expected response allows the poster to accuse others of shying away from “the truth”
His "truth" is that this proves that Russian interference in the 2016 US election is not true, which demonstrates that all he's good at is creating logical fallacies.

I think the key point is that there have been dozens of indictments of people in the Trump campaign, including key advisors like Roger Stone and Mike Flynn who were convicted of lying to the FBI about their contacts with Russia. One potentially dodgy Clinton lawyer does nothing that negates a single one of these convictions, and is barely relevant to anything in 2021 now that Hillary Clinton is no longer a front line politician. Students at Belfast University might be interested if they have concerns about their chancellor being tainted by these allegations but no one else is.

More to the point, anyone that can tolerate more than a few seconds of listening to Russell Brand is a wrong ‘un, and I was saying this for years before his idiotic political views became apparent.
People just refuse to see it, but it's out there; well documented and backed up, cold hard facts.

His campaign manager Paul Manafort was heavily involve in Ukraine skulduggery and had strong ties to Russia. The infamous Trump Tower meeting was absolutely FA to do with the adoption of Russian children as was first claimed.

The Russia Meeting at Trump Tower Was to Discuss Adoption. Then It Wasn’t. How Accounts Have Shifted. - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Basically EVERYONE in Trump's orbit was LYING about ties with Russia, and if that doesn't set alarm bells ringing then you might as well give up now. And that's before you even start digging up Trump Tower Moscow stuff...

People just refuse to see it, but it's out there; well documented and backed up, cold hard facts.

His campaign manager Paul Manafort was heavily involve in Ukraine skulduggery and had strong ties to Russia. The infamous Trump Tower meeting was absolutely FA to do with the adoption of Russian children as was first claimed.

The Russia Meeting at Trump Tower Was to Discuss Adoption. Then It Wasn’t. How Accounts Have Shifted. - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Basically EVERYONE in Trump's orbit was LYING about ties with Russia, and if that doesn't set alarm bells ringing then you might as well give up now. And that's before you even start digging up Trump Tower Moscow stuff...
Uh, so Russell Brand hasn’t quite got it right?

Isn't that just a leaked draft of the report?

I'd be surprised that they don't 'modify' the final report given the backlash over the leaked version.

I think they had a fairly stark choice of reporting accurately and just call out small anomalies as big issues and hope that works - Trumpers are pretty good at misrepresenting things. Or report a false outcome and face some very significant legal jeopardy.

The Big lie and the efforts around it all rely on various people pushing blatant lies trying to get traction through official channels to give it legitimacy. Many are facing significant legal / financial repercussions as a result. I suspect that the key people behind this have had long discussions with lawyers around what the report could say and what would the various implications are and they listened to that advice - stepped back from edge.

They no doubt dropped the draft versions to try and soften the fall out.

I think they had a fairly stark choice of reporting accurately and just call out small anomalies as big issues and hope that works - Trumpers are pretty good at misrepresenting things. Or report a false outcome and face some very significant legal jeopardy.

The Big lie and the efforts around it all rely on various people pushing blatant lies trying to get traction through official channels to give it legitimacy. Many are facing significant legal / financial repercussions as a result. I suspect that the key people behind this have had long discussions with lawyers around what the report could say and what would the various implications are and they listened to that advice - stepped back from edge.

They no doubt dropped the draft versions to try and soften the fall out.
Very probably.

Not sure how much of the funding for this 'audit' has come from the Stop the Steal campaign, but wherever the finance came from it was a lot of money wasted by people who can probably least afford to waste it, and that's criminal.

"Russiagate" to me means 'Russia helping him win the election'.

The rest he can burn for, I don't give a shit.

But, I guess that bit's not the important as it doesn't suit everybody else's frothing mouthed responses.
I think the bit you’re concerned about has already been proven, but you keep tilting at that particular 5/6 yr old windmill if you like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.