US Politics Thread

I always thought that but the criteria seems to be: Over 35, US citizen and resident for 14 yrs according to the US gov website. Nothing about having to be born on US soil.

Article II of the U.S. Constitution:

The president must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

NOT just U.S. citizen. And, “natural born” means something different than you think. Ted Cruz was born in Canada!

Article II of the U.S. Constitution:

The president must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

NOT just U.S. citizen. And, “natural born” means something different than you think. Ted Cruz was born in Canada!
Does that mean President Terminator or not? I keep finding conflicting information.

Natural Born means US citizen at birth. Arnie is an Austrian citizen by birth, so therefore precluded from being POTUS.
Yes I did know what natural born meant, was just being a bit lazy. It's a bit late and I'm on a mobile so difficult to research properly, but there does seem to be some confusion about the term wrt to becoming POTUS, I'll need to look into it.

Edit: My bad, misread a wiki page. Time for bed ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.