US Politics Thread

I've seen something saying Parler has been hacked, thereby giving the authorities access to all their data including users on there and their real identities. Hence why they were so quick to set up the no-fly lists.

Gonna be fun in 10 days time.

I think the argument is more around what’s within that code of conduct, who gets to decides that and how is it consistently enforced. It’s a bigger conversation than just in the context of what has happened to Trump.

I really think all of the Twitter conversation is for a different thread though.
This maybe ?

You need to detach Trump and focus on the power that corporations have wielded to ban Trump.
But it can’t be detached because it’s only Trump that has been banned and apparently we both agree it was the correct decision.
I have said repeatedly that this is about corporate power flexing their muscles and that is dangerous because it can lead to Oligarchy.
But it isn’t and hasn’t. He repeatedly broke the code of conduct. You or I would have been banned years ago.
That it is Trump, is by the by, the question should be what if the corporations who have now flexed their muscles decide they don't approve of the actions of the next President, or the one after that. That power in the hands of a select few people can be devastating for democracy.
So we are back to your unrealistic hypotheticals again. But yes, in that instance with Biden or whoever takes over the reigns from him (GoP or Dem), I’d have an issue. I wouldn’t have an issue if they used it against the CoC and incited riots and tried to undermine democracy though.
@Ric as trump is about to be impeached please can we have his thread back , this one is far to general, thanks
Too fucking right. It appears it’s not even about Trump (this “general” stuff). It (the chat) probably Belongs in a 6th form common room or students Union.

I've seen something saying Parler has been hacked, thereby giving the authorities access to all their data including users on there and their real identities. Hence why they were so quick to set up the no-fly lists.

Gonna be fun in 10 days time.
Yeah I’ve seen that as well. They aren’t happy.

I think the argument is more around what’s within that code of conduct, who gets to decides that and how is it consistently enforced. It’s a bigger conversation than just in the context of what has happened to Trump.

I really think all of the Twitter conversation is for a different thread though.
I have no issue with that argument per se but absolutely do where it concerns Trump as his history of posting would prompt any sane adult to ban him based on his posts and twitter’s published CoC.

Yeah I’ve seen that as well. They aren’t happy.
I post nothing on social media that could potentially get me in trouble with the law. My Twitter account has my real name on it, and I don't really use Facebook.

The fact that so many Trump supporters and Right-wing are currently sh*tting themselves because Parlour account details have been hacked says an awful lot about the kind of support trump has been coveting for the last 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.